Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE k2 z50a rego possible or not?

just wondering who has or has not done it

some have but depends who ya know and what state ya live in.
    my experience I wouldn't bother, to many yes ya can and no ya cants for me.
    it will turn into a headache.
    sorry to put a downer on ya but the law differs in each state and person you deal with.
    A ge was not a road reg bike when they came out.
    You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

whats to stop you from putting on a battery and indicators? do they go by the frame number?

Comment

Yep frame number

Comment

Originally posted by z nut View Post
          A ge was not a road reg bike when they came out.
          BS Z50A General export bikes were imported into Oz before Z50AK2U Australian bikes that's why they have lower vin numbers the general export bikes were all made BEFORE the k2 U they met adr in their day and many were regoed both the round badge Z50A K1GE and the Z50A K2GE so you guys need to get it right before you tell every one they can't be regoed and start fake news Mt

Comment

I have one of each, thought I'd check if you can rego both so I rang RMS and gave them the numbers. Got the OK on both. I'll let you know when i go for rego, that'll be about 2025 at the rate i'm going.
            Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Yes I am not saying it will be easy and you won't get some person at the rego office that really does not know and could not be bothered but stand your ground and your bike will need to be as sold when new so if you have a cz100 you don't need a stop light they did not have them in 1964 you had to give a hand signal, z50m did not have blinkers and were sold 1967 thru 1970 mine still has the rego labels from new and on the label nsw it says CZ50Mxxxxxx same as z50ak1ge and z50ak2ge never had blinkers or batteries but we're still able to get rego so where the confusion starts is if you have a later z50ak2u it was originally fitted with blinkers and will need them to get rego but you don't need to put blinkers on the earlier bikes that never had them, same with a ct70 the early ones never had blinkers unlike the st70s that did have them Mt

Comment

well when i rang HONDA AU they told me 1 out of my 2 frame numbers i gave them were able to be reg'd and that was not the GE frame so i can only go by what im told. i cant be fug'd arguing at the vic roads office to try and rego something iv'e been told i cant. sorry about the bullshit i wont spread anymore.
                You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

I hear so much from people in Victoria saying it CAN be done but I don't hear much from people that have actually got one registered & how they did it. Not saying it can't be done - all I know is that I have a formula for registering U types which has been proven several times & have not tried to register a GE.
                  ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

Its the same old argument. Of course you could register a GE back in the day, like you could alot of bikes you couldnt now, as you've proven Al, when it comes to GEs and Vicroads its a case of "computer says NO"(without proof of prior registration). But if any one wants to try, good luck to them, technically yes you should be able to register a GE, and who knows, you may be able to get somewhere after months of writing letters/emails/calling public servants, but why would you bother when u type frames aren't exactly rare or expensive.
                    An old girlfriend of mines father had a homebuilt mini bike (deckson style) running a victa motor with a centrifugal clutch road registered in vic in the early 70s, what do you reckon my chances are of getting a home built mini bike registered now?

Comment

Originally posted by MOTODEVO View Post
                      Its the same old argument. Of course you could register a GE back in the day, like you could alot of bikes you couldnt now, as you've proven Al, when it comes to GEs and Vicroads its a case of "computer says NO"(without proof of prior registration). But if any one wants to try, good luck to them, technically yes you should be able to register a GE, and who knows, you may be able to get somewhere after months of writing letters/emails/calling public servants, but why would you bother when u type frames aren't exactly rare or expensive.
                      An old girlfriend of mines father had a homebuilt mini bike (deckson style) running a victa motor with a centrifugal clutch road registered in vic in the early 70s, what do you reckon my chances are of getting a home built mini bike registered now?
                      I was told in facebook by a forum member z50a frame is $500-600 now!!!
                      still learning.....

Comment

Welcome back Gros21, been quiet for a while.

Nice price for the hardtails Oldbikes75. Shame I have none left to sell.
                        Old hondas don't die......they wait.

Comment

What about the likes of Deblassi's etc. Surely if you rego them, you should be able to rego anything.
                          Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by raytriplej View Post
                            Welcome back Gros21, been quiet for a while.

Nice price for the hardtails Oldbikes75. Shame I have none left to sell.
                            Me too, shouldn't have sold the last frame. Was sold way way less than this!
                            still learning.....

Comment

Remember back in 2007 when the uncomplied 40th's come out, a J1 or a JZ frame with tag was around a $1000 at the time.
                              Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X