No announcement yet.

QLD: mod plates for larger compacity engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i clicked willing to use my bike as a test bike but its not ready and im not brissy.

If its like classsic carsthre dept of transport will have a list of approved mods such as jag suspention rods or xf brakes on a xy. I presume every one will need to comply to set of guidelines eg disc brakes and liights run when bike is on.

I have found a enginer that is willing to mod mine if i do the above (184cc) but was quoted more from memory

Hardtails z50a, z50m ect have a different config so i cant see them passing them under 1 certficate, its like passing a 460 BB ford for a Ford Falcon regardless of model.

What about mod plates for rims, swingarm, forks, brakes ect.

Also note in qld a moped is calssed as a 49cc bike witha max ORGINAL speed of 50kph i think, if it goes above this speed the relevent lisence will be required.

Laws are 15% power/size 56.35cc (49cc) and 2.875hp (2.5hp) before mod plates are needed.
    Some one is going to get killed on one or any modded moped then they will come done on us hard

Comment

It would need to be honda stock drum front end with stock forks and stock rear springs and dampers. Probably stock tyre sizes while your at it.

In other words, only parts that are ADR approved are permitted are able to be used without another engineers certificate and testing.

Comment

Not exactly sure when adr came in but that's correct, also they must be from that bike eg no jz/j1 mix n match. For exactly the same reason I can't just pop a 5.7l gen 3 chev into another car unless that car came with that as a option.

Comment

Originally posted by Gros21 View Post
          Not exactly sure when adr came in but that's correct, also they must be from that bike eg no jz/j1 mix n match. For exactly the same reason I can't just pop a 5.7l gen 3 chev into another car unless that car came with that as a option.
          I think that ADR V1 came in around 1968ish
          You're only young once but you can ride a monkey forever.

Red Z50AK2 U 1974 - Blue Z50AK2 U 1973 - Yellow Z50AK2 U 1974 - 2 x Gold ST70 K0 DAX
          Red ST50 DAX registration lapsed - XL250S 1978 - 3 x SUZUKI TC185 1974/1975 - TS185 1990

Comment

Gimp_pro, any update?
            still learning.....

Comment

Got an email back, I'll admit, I was wrong.

One bike needs to be tested to send the report back, then each bike needs to be taken there, viewed and then plate is submitted to owner of bike...

Does this sound ok guys, mod plate guys are in brisbane
              MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
              sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

How much to sight the bike and mod plate?

So the mod plate will be according to what cc the bike is when sighted?

Particular spec needed like disc brake etc?
                still learning.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldBikes75 View Post
                  How much to sight the bike and mod plate?

So the mod plate will be according to what cc the bike is when sighted?

Particular spec needed like disc brake etc?
                  Mod plate is about $70 each once first bike has been tested.

Will give him a call again as I dont quite get the right answer via email...
                  MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                  sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

Hi Jake*

From here we will need to come and have a look at one take down all the frame details and engine number and size also power output.we can put the proposal together fir the disk brake and drum brake but we may have to do a brake fade test to ensure the drum brake set up is up to the challenge. We will be complying the bike to the largest engine possible all smaller engines will fall under that with no problem
                    MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                    sigpic

Comment

Any recommendation what Chinese motor is good. Have picked up a yx140 recently, was told is new. Will pull the head off to have a look if it is new or not later. What other do you guys think is good? Lifan? GPX?
                      still learning.....

Comment

Yx is a good motor and so is lifan. Lifan is my pick, but since I have a yx with a bore kit that is my choice. Both are good
                        MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                        sigpic

Comment

Neither are good, buy japanese, buy once. Until you want to go faster.

If its free then that's a different matter.

Comment

Hello Gimp_Pro,
                            Did this mod plate inspection ever go ahead?
                            Cheers,
                            Ray
                            Old hondas don't die......they wait.

Comment

Originally posted by raytriplej View Post
                              Hello Gimp_Pro,
                              Did this mod plate inspection ever go ahead?
                              Cheers,
                              Ray
                              Wasn't much interest so I gave it a miss mate.
                              MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                              sigpic

Comment

Are you able to share the contact details? I'm doing a restoration and would like to register as a motorcycle if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X