Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah price will be interesting, you would think that if the engine is above the allowed 15% increase that you mentioned earlier the bike will have to be engineered rather than just a roadworthy check, correct??

Comment

I know one member here in nsw got his bike engineered with a 124 chinga motor. Total cost around 400
      MG the good old days

Comment

I called 4 engineers, one estimated $700 to $1000 , two haven't called back as yet and the one that I decided to deal with wanted to work out what needed to be done when I work out all of the details of my build.

MadZ50, I would assume that the engineers report becomes part of the registration documentation required for modified vehicle.

From Vehicle Standards Information No: 28 -

RECORDING CHANGES -

If a motor cycle modification affects any of the details shown on the registration certificate (engine
        number, engine capacity or the addition of a side-car or side-box), the law requires that you give
        notification of such alteration and forward such certificate to the RTA for adjustment.

A WORD OF ADVICE: CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY BEFORE MAKING
        ANY CHANGES TO YOUR MOTOR CYCLE AS SOME MODIFICATIONS MIGHT MAKE
        YOUR INSURANCE COVER VOID.

What concerns me the most is my Green Slip and Comprehensive insurance cover being applicable to a non-engineered modified bike if I have an accident, I would not want to have a crash and end up losing my house.

These links cover the Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...ccs/index.html

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati.../vsccs_qa.html

Cheers

Jaimie
        Last edited by Classic Honda 50's; 3 February 2013, 12:03 PM.
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

correct, once it's engineered there isn't much a copper can do if it hasn't changed in any way after the engineers report. Don't know whether they include pics or not, as the guy that is going to certify mine at Regency park said he would include some with the documentation, I think because of what has gone down with the local fuzz. $700-$1000 is cheaper than having one engineered in S.A, got alot more engineers available to shop around with over there too.

Comment

Have updated the "Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme No 01 - Licenced Certifiers List" to the new January 2013 document.

Thanks z50j1 I will give Syriops a call if they are already familiar with monkey bikes.

Cheers

Jaimie
            Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Sorry to revive a old thread. But if u are using a unmarked barrel. Is there anyway for them to prove how big the engine is? With out actully opening it? And measuring bore/stroke. Can they demand the bike be taken of the road and opened up.

Also 2.8hp surely a fresh stock motor would make more than that?. Or even running 95 or 98 octane fuel in a orginal engine would give it over 15%

Comment

You can CC an engine without dismantling it - pretty easy if you have a few simple tools.

Comment

Like how?

Comment

Measure the air displaced in cyclinder via spark plug hole

Comment

That's what I was thinking but wouldn't that be dependant on compression as well. Not to mention is there even a tool for that?

Comment

I think you can pour liquid in and however much is takes is how big the bore is?
                        MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                        sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

Yea kinda makes sence but then they would have to fill it to the spark plug hole on bottom of stoke maybe 200ml give it a crank 76ml comes out meaning 124cc mill is left in cylinder. Mines getting mod plated but not for the full capacity his willing to plate it for just under 140cc and front/rear disc conversion. Just wanna make sure the 1 cop that has a thing against me.

Comment

How much is the mod plate costing you?
                            MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                            sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

About $200 per mod plus extra paper work he is going. His allowing twice the weight of bike in cc (qld now allows 3x but he said no) I'm expecting a $500-$750bill. To allow extra cc he wanted discs also he wants headlights to be on when engine is on. Few other things he wants. But I'll be getting a report with it. I've gotta
                              Figure out how to make it more sluggish for him got 15/35 gearing but it's going 2 to be extremely wheel stand happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gros21 View Post
                                That's what I was thinking but wouldn't that be dependant on compression as well. Not to mention is there even a tool for that?
                                We'll technically you don't need a tool, 200ml or approx volume syringe, hose and cork will do it. Get the motor on TDC and measure the volume. If you can't find TDC or find compression stroke, just measure the max change in syringe volume. But I'm sure there are ways and tools that conforme to procedures for use by the authorities and lets them check you cc's without to much bother.

Comment

Working...
                                X