Max's Mad Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max's Mad Gorilla

Hey all, new here and enjoying the many monkeys I see on here. Very cool machines.
    Here's mine and the direction/look I hope to keep while still adding farkles. Gonna keep it as a trail Gorilla and just beef it up some.

Fire the motor, twist the throttle... life is good.

moved to members rides section ,,,

happy 4th of july mate ..

best bit of gorillas ,,, fuel range ... keep on riding .
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

very cool mate.. you rarely see these ridden on dirt over here anymore which is a shame..

keep the pics coming in..
      Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Thanks gents, and the amazing thing is I don't believe the Gorilla was sold in America? (not that it matters)
        Yes Matty, I keep seeing them streeted out too. Not that I'm going to beat on the china bike off pavement all the time.
        Its a campground bike for me really.
        Heres another pic at the same lake.. Sportin' a Kriega bag with my rain shell in it. ADV Gorilla!

Comment

youll have to join up with this site

http://advrider.com/forums/index.php

Comment

I've been calling my bike Magilla Gorilla, hope that hasn't already been taken for a bike name.
            The motor does ok for cruising the neighborhood. Fun little tyke.

Here's how my bike sits now. Takegawa 'normal' pipe and Mini Moto chromed plastic fenders that are half the weight of the china tin fenders. They look better too.
            Oh, the swingarm is 4cm longer than stock.

Comment

Haha was a forum members name not sure if hes still around

Comment

Love this bike would look tops with a gorilla sticker on that tank and get rid of that st125 one just my thoughts

Comment

Gorilla my favorite.
                  still learning.....

Comment

Originally posted by z50 gill View Post
                    Haha was a forum members name not sure if hes still around
                    I think I bumped into that member name by chance while lurking.

Anyway its a bike name which I have been calling it.
                    I would like to put 'Magilla Gorilla' on the tank maybe. Its not genuine so I feel I can freeform a bit.

I am eyeing a Piranha 150 E start for this bike in the future (as this one comes with e start stock). We'll see.
                    The stock Skyteam clutch feels weak so I'll see how the whole thing lasts.

Cheers gentlemen, I am enjoying your monkey site. Bring it on!

Comment

Still waiting for my pair of clutch cables, so i though I'd show a pic of my 1st bout with poor fit from accessories. As in parts for Honda going on a china bike.
                      My super cool Takegawa pipe needed a little bracket made up to fit the bolt pattern for the stock heat shield. And the header did not want to go straight into the muffler - a bit cocked, as you can see. It doesn't seem to leak and I guess its supposed to be slip fit? No clamp supplied, none used.
                      Is this typical?

And hows this for emission equipment.

Comment

is it a california model ,," ie all the smog checks " .?
                        its engine oil madge ,,,
                        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
                          is it a california model ,," ie all the smog checks " .?
                          Is it ever! Did you know Kalifornia is a third world country? Fawkers they are.

dex, should I start a thread every time I have a question about my bike, or just add to this thread?

Comment

either ..
                            if you add them on here , you can report improvements /fixes .

but specific questions can warrant their own thread in the right thread sections , as no doubt others may have the same question , and it'll make it easy for folks searching for an answer ,rather than filtering through thread after thread .
                            its engine oil madge ,,,
                            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Where you score the chrome fenders from?

Comment

Working...
                              X