Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky's JZ build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A few more weeks of riding and then BANG! the dashboard just stops working FAAAARK, when it rains it pours....so a new dashboard was ordered and Haysey stated if I was going to do that I might as well buy a whole new wiring harness, just in case it was a short within that.
    All the parts practically arrived within the same week.



    So the engine parts went off to Tinman and myself and Haysey stripped the top of the bike back and proceeded to replace the wiring hardness..

    New (top) and old (bottom) Dash

    Comment


    • Nice, one - but how the hell did you get parts in under a week??

      I recently ordered some headers from my big bike for UK - ordered Sunday and arrived Friday, but that's out of the ordinary for OS parts!
      Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

      ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

      Comment


      • no the parts all arrived within the same week, I ordered the engine parts 4 weeks before and the other parts over the next 2 weeks. The fastest I've had parts arrive is about 7 days, and that's them landing in Melbourne and being shipped over here to WA, it would only be 3-4 days if I lived over there. I always use EMS (second fastest as FedEx charged me tax last time, so don't want to try them again) when I buy from Webike.

        Comment


        • Wiring harness was ripped out and the new one fitted to the bike - have to give a big thanks to Haysey for his help on this, as electricity is voodoo magic to me! We found a few exposed wires so the old harness was at the end of her life and is probably the reason the dash went. As it's a custom headlight the wiring doesn't have the normal headlight bucket to sit in, so any forward wiring comes back under the tank to be joined, then moves forward to wherever it needs to go, so the wiring harness soon becomes a custom one!



          Proper connectors were used with waterproof rubber boots to make sure water never became an issue, then all wires were covered in heat shrink for extra protection and to help hide it all.



          Still with the Lifan in her we went out for a ride, didn't miss a beat! (Ryel83 and Haysey's bikes as company)



          Next installment, the rebuilt motor arrives

          Comment

          Working...
          X