Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motocompo Rider

Hi All,

I'm Nick from Sydney. I ride a yellow 1982 Honda Motocompo. I'm hoping to chat to other Motocompo and mini bike riders. Here's a photo of me, my Motocompo, and the "mothership" (a Daihatsu 55 Wide van) taken on Australia Day.

Niko with van & motocompo.jpg
    Last edited by ns_hijet; 27 January 2014, 06:14 PM. Reason: Reloaded attachment

Welcome mate, only a hand full of motocompo riders in sus. Your picture link didn't work, but keen to see it
    MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
    sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

Originally posted by GIMP_PRO View Post
      Welcome mate, only a hand full of motocompo riders in sus. Your picture link didn't work, but keen to see it
      Thanks, mate. I just reloaded the attachment. Hope it works now

Comment

Yep it works! Looks awesome! Why did you manage to find that? Looks clean
        MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
        sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

welcome to the forum ,,,
          another rego'd motocompo ...
          good to see .
          van and bike look in good nick .
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Welcome. Nice and neat motocompo
            still learning.....

Comment

Hey bud... where in sydney are you located.. few of us in the inner west meet up from time to time

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome I imported my Motocompo from Japan in 2012. It didn't require much work when I got it. I only had to replace the tyres so far. It is on NSW club rego with the Micro Car & Scooter club.

I'm based in Petersham in Sydney inner west. It would be great to meet other Sydney members.

Comment

Nick, love your motocompo!

I have been thinking of importing one myself, but am trying to determine whether I need to seek import approval first, and just how difficult (or easy) it is to register one. I take it that I need to get a weigh bridge reading before going for a blue slip etc? Do they come standard with a compliance plate on them from the factory?

Cheers,
                  Toby

Comment

wheres the bike?
                    Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

somewhere far away!

p.s. i'm on the Coast too

Comment

Originally posted by spike10000 View Post
                        somewhere far away!

p.s. i'm on the Coast too
                        Where approximately
                        Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

On the peninsula.

Comment

Thanks, Toby. I sent a PM reply. I went through the club rego option which is easier than normal rego option. I only had to get it inspection by my club inspector. It didn't come with a compliance plate being an import.

Comment

yo hijet - not keen on ya motocomp but lovin the might HIJET!!

reminds me of the episode of PIMP MY RIDE with X to the Z!!!
                              they pimped that hijet very cool.

anyways welcome to the monkey/ape/chimp/baboon/gorilla nut case joint.

g man.

Comment

Working...
                              X