babu's NOT M build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers loopiemclooperson

The hub plate has forced me to use the tig I bought some time ago. Been lazy to learn how to use it but no choice now, would take too long to look for one.

First time aluminum weld so took a whole day to mod this plate. Had a look at at a few videos on how to weld last night and they do it so easily but not so for me :-(

20201203_175722.jpg
    20201203_175738.jpg

20201203_175802.jpg
    A bit more cleaning up should look ok

Comment

20201206_190814.jpg

Motorvation has been sitting patiently for a few years waiting for an air cleaner expected to drive tomorrow! :-)

Comment

Air filter, it's a z50z filter and I think they are similar/same as the ones used on the Ms, I was going to mod an atc70 or ct70 air fiilter but...

20201207_103103.JPG

20201207_103155.JPG

one problem, the connecting rubber tube has a bigger diameter than the A carb i'm using.

20201207_103222.JPG

Looks like the rubber connector is wrong for an M

Comment

Off to Clark rubber or a pool joint mate
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by babu View Post
            Air filter, it's a z50z filter and I think they are similar/same as the ones used on the Ms, I was going to mod an atc70 or ct70 air fiilter but...

20201207_103103.JPG

20201207_103155.JPG

one problem, the connecting rubber tube has a bigger diameter than the A carb i'm using.

20201207_103222.JPG

Looks like the rubber connector is wrong for an M
            Just use a rubber insert. The clamp will seal it.

Comment

when welding with the tig make sure you clean the part really well, tigs hate dirt.
              You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Turn up a spacer ring on your lathe. Out of plastic, Black Delrin (Acetal) would be nice.
                A bit of rubber on the carb, a spacer ring between it and the air cleaner housing.
                When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

Comment

With the Tig as Z Nut said Clean Clean Clean. Right down to Cleaning the filler rod just before you start.

Comment

cheers for the tip guys. what's the final wipe down solution? alcohol?

Comment

• i use thinner or prep wash and wipe it again with a nice clean dry rag after i clean it.
                      You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

• I get someone else to do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X