Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Deus x Honda Donkey

Deus Ex Machina Motorcycles

The Honda Z-series; you either love them or don’t know what they are. At Deus we lean towards the side of affection, but for those aligned to the latter congregation let us give you a run down…

The Z-series was originally produced as a 49cc amusement park ride for children in Japan, but in the late 60’s went into mass production across the globe. “Children’s ride?” I can hear you questioning - and yes you read right, the bikes measure in at nickel over 100 kegs and are just tall enough to ride the rollercoaster. For that reason the Z-series was affectionately nicknamed the ‘Monkey’, as Monkey riders are no strangers to hunch backs and acute joints; replicating that of a circus monkey.

But despite the bikes shortcomings it’s impossible to deny the fun you can have on these miniature and fuel efficient machines. Some 70 years on, these bikes now boast 125cc engines. making even the toughest leather covered Angel grin like a Cheshire Cat on the back.

Every year Honda produces a new version of the Monkey and the 2021 model is where this story starts. Honda Korea reached out to us asking if we were interested in a Monkey customisation, and the answer in short was; “Yes, when can we start?”.

Alongside Crazy Garage we began concepting a custom with the words ‘easy, fun and dynamic’ in mind. All words which drove the bike the whole way through the build to where it is now.

Check out the photos and the video for the most accurate representation of how fun these bikes really are.

Specs of DONKEY MK1 follows:

Crazy Garage x Deus foundry
    Special handmade Slip-on exhaust

PRO TAPER
    Hande bar
    Medium Compound Grip

SP TAKEGAWA
    Knuckle Guard
    Headlight Guard
    Billet Wide Footpeg Kit

OUTEX
    Steering Stem Stabilizer

ZETA
    Engine Protection
    Heel Guard

CAT S FACTORY
    Tail Cowl
    Modified by Crazy Garage
    Kitaco

UNI FILTER CONVERSION KIT
    Ohlins
    STX 36 Twin rear suspension

Honda Tricolor Painting

honda-monkey-deus-2.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-83-2.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-35-1.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-29.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-16.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-10.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-28.jpg

honda-monkey-deus-25.jpg

Cheers

Jaimie
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

The mismatch of year parts on the new models puts me off .
    the j1 style tank with the gorilla style look seat just looks odd .
    In saying that ,,
    id get one and change everything ,,,,,, 3 or 4 times.
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

I like the tank colour as it matches my JZ and the exhaust/sump guard would be handy for out the bush.

Just purchased this for Nichole for when she gets her licence, learns how to ride a manual and develops an interest in riding

In the meantime I will keep it running for her:

KTM_Honda_Monkey_MZ125_-Sunshine_Coast_Maroochydore-4.png

Cheers

Jaimie
      Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
        The mismatch of year parts on the new models puts me off .
        the j1 style tank with the gorilla style look seat just looks odd .
        In saying that ,,
        id get one and change everything ,,,,,, 3 or 4 times.
        They're not that bad Dex, give them a bit of personality and they don't look too bad.

00000018.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X