No announcement yet.

babuG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always wondered how well one would work on a mini.
    let us know how you like it.

Comment

• Sure but I don't even know what i'm doing with it at the moment, the gauge is not very water resistance so making a mount for it. Then I guess I'll have to ride it and see what the stock numbers are. What ratio should I be aiming for? around 12-13? This is going to be interesting as there are so many jets on the TDMR and the documentation that came with the carb is all in Japanese

Comment

• IMG_0289.jpeg
        back of the gauge, not very water resistant

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpg
        turned an ally mount

IMG_0291.jpeg
        slides in like a bought one. forgot to drill a hole down the bottom so any water that gets in can drain. blacked out when off matches the koso gauges.

IMG_0293.jpeg
        IMG_0294.jpeg
        extra pic for dex! Not a very good pic sorry, i'll have to take the camera out one day for better pics.

Anyway i started the bike but the stator power is struggling to heat the oxy sensor and I need to keep the revs at about 3-4k for there to be enough power to heat the sensor.

I haven't got a battery in the bike, been working really well with the posh batteryless capacitor but now not coping with the demand of the heating element of the sensor so will need to get a 12v battery. I also need to clear the battery compartment cos that is where the batteryless cap, blinker, rectifier and sensor control unit is at the moment.

Comment

• awesome build thuc
          You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

• Love this for an 8 inch build ,,
            fat n chunky .
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

• Update on the oxy sensor, it was draining too much power from my posh batteryless system to give me a stable idle so i decided to take it off as I didn't want to run a battery . The sensor did gave me a good overall jetting status and where to go with jetting so wasn't completely useless. I'll turn it into a more mobile setup to use on my other bikes as well rather than a permanent setup.

I got wet taking the bike to work one day and decided to take out the SLR for some better pics after hosing down and call this bike finished! I only started this last build in 2014... last build!?

IMG_4165.JPG
              IMG_4210.JPG
              IMG_4204.JPG
              IMG_4168.JPG
              IMG_4179.JPG
              IMG_4196.JPG
              IMG_4188.JPG
              IMG_4221.JPG
              IMG_4227.JPG
              IMG_4236.JPG
              IMG_4238.JPG
              IMG_4229.JPG

Comment

• Went for a ride with the Monkey Madness Adelaide facebook group over the weekend
                20211010_104631.jpg

Then a second outing on the freeway to the port cos it was a beaut of a day...
                20211010_162135.jpg
                20211010_181109.jpg
                20211010_151304.jpg

Didn't know if it could do 100km/hr but a run on the freeway suggests there's a bit more if need be.. .

Comment

• Hey babu ,,
                  how much of that rear disc is being grabbed by the pads ? .
                  loose the ph bracket ,,
                  whole idea of riding is to forget what’s going on in the satellites .
                  and grab a black braid sheaf for the oil fill breather .
                  its engine oil madge ,,,
                  Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dex View Post
                    Hey babu ,,
                    how much of that rear disc is being grabbed by the pads ? .
                    loose the ph bracket ,,
                    whole idea of riding is to forget what’s going on in the satellites .
                    and grab a black braid sheaf for the oil fill breather .
                    hey Dex,
                    Rear disc should be grabbed identical to front as they are both G-craft brembo brackets made for 8" wheels. I find rear locks up too easily.
                    That ph bracket was my speedometer up until about 2 months ago when I finally got a replacement speedo sensor. I stuffed up the original sensor and for years the speedo was not working so had to use the phone GPS/app for speedo. The other reason for the phone is I'm on call 24x7 so even when i'm out riding, if the phone beeps I need to stop and pull out the laptop to fix/work asap. You might thank me oneday when you are in hospital and I stop to fix the hospital database system while out riding , well at least if you are in SA..
                    I did have have the black braided hose but wanted to see what was going on at one stage and too lazy to put it back...

Comment

Working...
                    X