babu's blue ct70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babu's blue ct70

I've been building other people's bikes for the last few months and it's not fun so sneaked in a dax clean up of my own lol...

Got this gem from gumtree about 6 months ago, probably the last to call up but the first to not beat the man down on his asking price, for that i got free delivery from about 80km away which was a bonus.

I was going to use it for spare parts for my gold dax but was pleasantly surprised that it was an oz compliance model and I just like the look of the fenders so decided to clean it up to use as my backup bike. One day restore it.

Traded sand for beads and i haven't looked back since, finish is much nicer than sand blasting.

Thanks to Ryel83 for all the engine parts, got the engine rebuilt with kitaco 75cc top end, honda 4sp, 6v. The bike's electrics were perfect, blinker can, rectifier etc... even the exposed stator was reused and works well, just needed a new $15 battery from Jaycar.

bit of cleaning up, new tires and seat, stole a few blinker lens from the gold dax in similar condition and she's done. budget cleanup

Took the bike in for rego inspection monday and being Oz compliance, no questions asked, in and out in 1/2 hr. Registered as 49cc as marked on barrel.
    Got the bald guy btw for the SA guys, he was great, told me he had one as a kid and also told me I needed 2 mirrors when riding as that's the rules for SA. Other states ok with one.
    Think abit of oxalic acid on the fenders would come up nice but no idea where to get it from.
    If anyone has a blue chain cover to sell or swap for the gold let me know.

Kept this quiet ,,,
    Has come up a peach mate ,,
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

been quiet trying to save up to buy parts for the gorilla dex.

Comment

that has come up awesome for a quickie, good job thuc....... as usual
        You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Very tidy bike babu came up tops
          Gorilla custom, original chrome gorilla, original 40th , custom jz, yellow j1,original z50a, original z50z ,chaly project, jz project

Comment

Nice work for a backup bike :-)
            If you listen carefully you can hear rhubarb growing

Comment

very good

what speeds did you end up getting with the 75cc
              Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Oxalic acid is regular wooden deck cleaner from the hardware store at para field airport. Look at the different brands and you'll see they're all different strengths. I use Cabots.

Comment

Here ya go, this is the way to go. http://www.recochem.com.au/index.php..._stain_cleaner
                  Save the monkeys

Comment

I like it Thuc. A quick one is always a good one.
                    ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

cheers guys and thanks for the link. what do you do with the solution after?
                      btw, someone was asking about sulphuric acid? bunnings have a big section and in different quantitie at the trade counter.

65 matty with the stock carb, was getting 75 with a 20mm carb when it was on my hardtail.

Comment

Mate thats a sweet looking original bike! Lots of inspiration for me there so thanks for posting.

Comment

yo babu,

what tyres is this running? they really suit it..
                          Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

hey Matty, minimoto 110x70. they're not bad and comes with tubes.

cheers for the kehin pc20 carb and filter Paulie, runs so much better than the stock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by Big G View Post
                              Mate thats a sweet looking original bike! Lots of inspiration for me there so thanks for posting.
                              cheers big G

Comment

Working...
                              X