Thread: XR50/XR70 Interchangeability

Post Thanks / Like

XR50/XR70 Interchangeability

Hey all,
    I have a mint 2002 XR70 owned since new. Upgrading the XR70 ain't easy unless you just swap motors...

I am looking to upgrade the suspension on it to get more travel (there are no direct swaps).
    The head bearings are the same on the 50 & 70, so I am hoping a long travel fork (and 50 steering stem on the 70) might swap in? I am also hoping a extended (12cm) XR 50 swingarm will bolt up clearing a 12" wheel? Adding a slightly longer CRF50 shock and a shock extender.
    I hope to run 14"/12" wheels as the XR70 does.

Anyone having experience with mixing XR 50 parts on a XR70?

Thanks

Fire the motor, twist the throttle... life is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll answer some of it for us. Apparently yes, a XR50 swingarm will fit on a XR70. Plus 5" is what I'm looking at and its in stock. 12" disc wheel to boot.
    The forks are tougher, but I have found a 660mm fork, waiting to see if they come out of a shipping container.
    I have a 150cc engine already. We'll see how it goes,,,
    Cheerio
    Fire the motor, twist the throttle... life is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    im not 100% sure but i think some people use kx 65 ? or the klx 110 ? front and rear suspension to lift them up.
    You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.