Thread: Stripping Photos in Bulk due to Photobucket Saga

Post Thanks / Like

Stripping Photos in Bulk due to Photobucket Saga

World wide forums and blogs have all been held to ransom by this photobucket policy change, I was a heavy user of photobucket for like 15 years or so. Even paid for a upgraded account many moons ago to allow more space and higher streaming from 3rd party sites.

Due to this massive blackmail attempt by photobucket for $400 a year fee , ive started stripping my photos off so i can fix up the threads.

Found a site that give you a set by step process to strip 100's of files at a time from photo bucket..ive got over 1200 photos to pull down. Hope this helps others in a bind

This one is a mac based system, and is working a treat for me. It'll pull the files and drop them in the folders you had made up on photobucket.

https://gist.github.com/philipjewell...08c15b06deb13d

2. Thanks Classic Honda 50's Thanked for this post
    Charter Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn Photobucket. So many times I come back to this forum looking for either random inspiration or a photo
    I remember and want to check out again and BAM - ruined by photobucket. The ****ers.
    Old hondas don't die......they wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    there used to be a download album link that will download a zip file of the album but they have recently removed it.

it appears all they did was use an algorithm to change the link to each photo in their system. if you open photobucket and get the new direct link for your old pic then re-link it in your thread with the new name like when you first did it, it still works. but cant do that if you have heaps and why bother.... in theory if you apply the same algorithm to your system to change the link name, everything should be sweet. so how come no one has cracked or worked out the algorithm and charge everyone $399 instead of $400 for the privilege i wonder..

Post Thanks / Like
    the download album option is still available in the mobile app.... download the android app on yr phone, go to your album and select download album, very quick i just tried it.

Charter Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I think we should to take up a collection to pay your photobucket account so we call all see your photos in your threads again.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha...thanks Ray, few interested so i will redo the photos for that build, bit of a waste without the pics, it was after all the last build.... will be slow but there were over 300 photos..

Forum Founder Classic Honda 50's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The crazy part is that we are paying for 20G of storage space for the forum and we are only using 10% of the available space at present, I will get in touch with Photobucket to see if I can pay to get a code to have all pictures come up on the forum so that I can go through save the pix and put them permanently on the site.

The forum will be going as long as I am alive and then will be passed on for the next Z50 enthusiast to keep the forum running for as long as we have the internet.

Cheers

Jaimie
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at -Hidden Content

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Honda 50's View Post
    The forum will be going as long as I am alive and then will be passed on for the next Z50 enthusiast to keep the forum running for as long as we have the internet.

Cheers

Jaimie
    I sincerely hope you're not planing to leave us anytime in the next 90 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a lifer, till death do us part

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Charter Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie if Photobucket do allow that I will make a donation to the cause. Do let me know.
    There is far too much info on this site in photographs to loose it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raytriplej View Post
    Jamie if Photobucket do allow that I will make a donation to the cause. Do let me know.
    There is far too much info on this site in photographs to loose it all.
    agree, I'm happy to chip in too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have worked out how to get the Photobucket pictures to come up on the individual forum threads so that you can save them and then place them onto the forum permanently, have fixed up most of the Monkey of the Month after an all night effort and will finish the rest later tonight after some sleep today.

Will let everyone know how to do it after I fix up MOTM and a few other sections incase Photobucket gets inundated with changes and stops it working.

Cheers

Jaimie

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the way I have been getting up the Photobucket pictures, there should be a lot less time consuming ways for large numbers of pictures but if you have just a few to do try this:

1) Find your post where the picture is missing and the photobucket picture is there instead.

[IMG][/IMG]

2) Click on Edit Post and find the line of code that is the Photobucket address for the picture as below:

[IMG]http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz328/dex73/100_2128_zpsd4d44029.jpg[/IMG.]

3) In between zpsd4d44029.jpg and [/IMG.][/URL] add ~original as below:

[IMG]http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz328/dex73/100_2128_zpsd4d44029.jpg~original[/IMG.]

The original picture will then display:

4) I then save the picture that is now showing to my computer and then reattach it to the post as an image replacing the Photobucket line of code which then saves the picture onto the forum.

I will be going over the forum putting pics up wherever they are missing.

Cheers

Jaimie

15. Likes raytriplej Liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't that take 90 years to do all photos? ☺
    Could that not be done at the software or database level? However links are stored. Ie find all photobucket link occurances in this website and replace with the appended "~original" text. All links done in one or a couple of steps instead of each photo manually? Question for the webmaster?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't take much time once you get into the groove.

The ~original change is not a fix but just allows you to get the pictures back up, had a look at the forum software and image attachment database and it does not appear to be very user friendly, will have another look online at what options are being worked out and will contact PB to see what they have to say.

Cheers

Jaimie