Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Jap Bike Show - Perth.

gday all WA crews,

I have been talking with the show organiser over the past week and we will be meeting with him this month to
    come up with a plan for March next year.

Now for G Mans two cents worth - feel free to add your own at anytime:

I will attend regardless of who doesnt attend + regardless of who wins a silly $10 trophy.
    If we are all honest we really all go just to catch up with members we don't see much
    and talk sh== for the day.

Those who are attending - we need to formulate a plan regarding bike security.
    ie - star pickets + bunting or plastic chain around all the monkeys.
    This will be discussed in detail with the show organiser after last years debacle.
    sorry again to those guys whose bikes were knocked over by general public.

As to the same winner every year - don't shoot the messenger (organiser) - it is a peoples
    choice show not a judges show. I will be advising that there is NO trophy then no one gets
    upset over a $10 trophy. I do think a mistake was made last year with the winner and poor
    form at the show - I will make mention of this again - once you call the winner that is it -
    no backflips allowed.

A guy who I talk to there every year (I only see him at that show) wins the trophy in his class
    every year - good luck to him - nobody cares.

If there is anyone planning to attend the show next year and wants to meet the organiser
    let me know and we can all go together.

I hope we get a few monkeys at that show guys. Do it for the love of bikes - not a $10 award......

G Man.

I'm more upset with the Indian giver saga and the lies .. We were told. The so called people choice just smelt like BS guys that own or work at bike shops win the throphys at that event always have. .

If you lot want to attend go ahead but I'm not wasting my day , stocks and customs shouldn't be in the same class... And brand new bikes should never be allowed to be entered.. The winner of the class puts a I restore bikes sign next to his bike making out like its restored when it's not and how blow thinks hey that's a nice example.

Comment

Side note I never did see a apology from the jap bike show guys anywhere regarding the Indian giver award reversal ..

Comment

Hey I've got a speedo with zero kms for sale if you want.

Comment

I'll be there G. I do understand people's points of view but still enjoyed last time.

Comment

It's a good day but a long day if u have a bike there it's really only something u spend a couple of hours at not sure if I will go this year still undecided

Comment

I was thinking just do a ride day and turn up for the car park hangout for a while chatting , do a lap around the event .. Then continue on our way for a short and sweet day

Comment

I'm up for that Keri, I realised I have a 2 second attention span when I entered a car many years ago in a car show, well and truely over it by lunch time, I'm older and crankier now so I'd say that would be around 10am these days plus there's alot of idiots out there who don't give a sh*t about anyone else's stuff, I know they might have a fence around them, but idiots will be idiots.

Comment

gday WA monkey men - some of you should have an email today from Perth Jap Bike Show for 2016.

no need to rehash last year or whos in + whos out - I don't care if you are in or out.....

if you are in go to his website and have a think about it - Sunday 20/3/16.
                  same location which was very nice.

only thing I will fight for over the next 2 mths is good bike security - there wont be another
                  bike pushed over on my watch....

I will be meeting head show man on site in Feb to discuss - we will also be moved to a better
                  location + away from the music band who were too loud for us old farts....
                  if you wanna meet us there with sensible ideas just let me know.

check the new rules for the mini bike class as some of your bikes wont be able to enter....

Comment

Originally posted by G Man View Post
                    gday WA monkey men - some of you should have an email today from Perth Jap Bike Show for 2016.

no need to rehash last year or whos in + whos out - I don't care if you are in or out.....

if you are in go to his website and have a think about it - Sunday 20/3/16.
                    same location which was very nice.

only thing I will fight for over the next 2 mths is good bike security - there wont be another
                    bike pushed over on my watch....

I will be meeting head show man on site in Feb to discuss - we will also be moved to a better
                    location + away from the music band who were too loud for us old farts....
                    if you wanna meet us there with sensible ideas just let me know.

check the new rules for the mini bike class as some of your bikes wont be able to enter....
                    That pre 1990 rule should have been there from day one... but i'm not attending this year anyways.

Comment

ATC 70's allowed at the show G Man?

Comment

jase - 100% yes mate - I take mine every year as does the king of atc70 in perth (hondabug).
                        lots of perth guys have them now - the show has its own trike section.

see you there Jason.

Comment

Gday WA Monkey Men.

FYI for ALL of you - please see below:
                          (this has been cut + pasted from his email to me)

gavin

just got conformation with jaimie from honda 50 that he will be sponsoring the mini bike class

also we have capped it off at pre 1990 so no new bikes can desieve the public or people getting their mates to vote for them

cheers mike

---
                          Regards,
                          The Jap Bike Show Team
                          ******Next Event******
                          9th Jap Bike Show
                          Sunday 20th March 2016
                          McDonald's Community Cinemas
                          Resort Drive Burswood
                          www.japbikeshow.com.au
                          Mike: 042 77 888 65
                          Mark: 042 77 66 269

Comment

Happy to continue our support for this event.

One of our sponsored riders and dual AMA #1 plate winner Mike Reefman taught me something very important about competing in that it is not all about winning a $2 plastic trophy, the crowd especially the kids get such a kick out of seeing the mini bikes as it not only brings back memories for us older people but creates memories and passes on our passion to the kids which to me is the most important part of all, some of the best Monkey Bikes in Australia are in WA so show them what you have done and be extremely proud of your achievements win, lose or draw.

The WA crew have the chance to fine tune the show to make it what it needs to be to accommodate and make it fair and enjoyable for all involved, make it a great day.

Show details can be seen here: http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...erth-Australia

Cheers

Jaimie
                            Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

I'll come down for a sticky beak. I won't be on any bike as I failed my moto test (Speeding in a school zone doh). So ill be in the SS.

Comment

Working...
                              X