My Sons First Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sons First Ride

I had to wait 9 years but my oldest son finally said I want to ride the Z50, straight away loaded the bike up and went out to a local spot, took to it like a veteran, gave first gear a flogging.

We have an old 86 Z50R that has always served as the beginners bike, missing a few parts here and there with an old Z50A stock 50cc engine running a CRF70 carb and inlet.

Explaining how I will karate chop him if he changes into second -

Took off like he had been riding for years, really took off and went for a look around -

Trip No 2 saw some new riding gear and a few bike improvements -

He is now into second gear and scaring me to death, how do you go when your kids start riding at 3 or 4 -

Cheers

Jaimie
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

good to see the youth of today having a go ,,,
    rather than sittin arround and twiddling their thumbs on a " game boy " .
    pix like that will take us all back to our first bike memorys ,,,,

just watch out jamie ,,, wont be long and he'll be like ,,,,
    dad ,,, i want a new crf450x !!!!!
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

My 5year old brother started off on a Chinese quad when he was 3. He cained it hard like a professional, he's now 5 and rides a half size Polaris quad!
      MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
      sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

that is awesome
        great to see more riders coming along
        --------------------------------
        restoring a Z50J1 '76 model

Comment

hey jamie

i still remember my first ride especially the tree i hit on my xr75,my son is 5 and is a maniac on his quad,jr50 and now is bugging me for a go kart,just enjoy the smile on youre sons face every time he comes around the track looking at you,thats priceless

Comment

3 of my 4 boys learnt on an old QR50 that I`d had for years, I didn`t want them to take off and crash so I tied some rope to the back of the bike and they rode around in a circle (it was like training a horse). These days 2 of them aren`t into bikes but my 12yo is building a 82 Z50R himself with some bits and peices I have laying around, so far it`s got a chinga 125 and he`s riding it without brakes. All he says is I USE THE GEARS TO SLOW DOWN DAD DON`T NEED BRAKES. I can`t watch anymore so I`m putting brakes on it this weekend.
            Need a new motor.

Comment

Not far off with the young bloke wanting a CRF450X prediction dex.

Here is a new addition to the family, his 2008 CRF50 EBay find, was advertised as a 2006 and is in extremely good condition and best of all was only a short drive from home:

Cheers

Jaimie
              Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

hahahaha !!!
                power to him jamie ,,,

jumps soon ,,,,
                its engine oil madge ,,,
                Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Thats cool! jaimie!
                  Dad be proud
                  Bean out riden with your crf50 yet??

Comment

Hi Shearer

Only been out the bush once so far but around the back yard a fair bit, the eldest son likes the CRF50 better than the Z50's

Even more surprising was when the youngest son who said he will never ride a motorbike asked when it was his turn for a ride , after I had taken the bloody training wheels off a few hours earlier.

Fitting the training wheels to an 86 Z50R and he can start riding as well.

Looks like I will be carting 4 bikes around now.

Cheers

Jaimie

Comment

My young nipper started riding with a chinga quad at 5 year old, and had his first grey hair inducing crash about 2 weeks after. Now, he's familiar with 2 wheels after a brief stint on his first motorbike, a peewee 50. His next mountain to climb for an 8 year old will be the fine art of clutch slip. I intend to train him on his quad which will be fitted with a manual electric start 125.
                      It's a shame that the quad doesn't fit my size 12 feet very well. Those plastic sidesteps won't let me shift gears comfortably.

Comment

I love this thread Jamie how is the boy going with a months riding under his belt on the new bike? My son's just hit 6 months and he was twisting my finger today, I'm so proud it was his throttle hand.
                        Sean.

Comment

My stepson has a new CBR1000RR (I think that's it) so I doubt he'll be asking me to teach him to ride, but it's great to see kids starting off on the same bikes us 'oldies' learnt on.
                          Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

The young fella has only been out to the smaller close bush tracks a few times recently but it is scary how quickly their youthful confidence can outweigh their riding ability. Kids improve so fast, I am finding it hard to keep up with him as he bounces over the ruts and I smash into them, if only I was 50kg lighter. I can see him flying through the air third gear pinned, note to self - he need more practice.

We are off to Shearers soon to have a crack at his race track in the outback, my youngest son who said that he would never ride now has a bike set-up ready for his first ride and the kids are setting the tent up in the backyard tonight for camping practice run No2 for the outback adventure.

I was out at Cessnock mini bike track before Christmas and the under 10 year olds on KTM65's were easily clearing the large tabletop, when I was 12 and racing my GTMX80 at Cessnock I was too frightened to leave the ground on it incase the suspension exploded when landing, how things have changed.

The CBR1000RR would be a bit of a weapon burnout.gif

Cheers

Jaimie

Comment

Here is my son( 5 in oct ) his first ride. 7/7/2013

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

sorry iphone pic's..

Comment

Working...
                              X