Yoshimura tm-mjn26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z50j1 View Post
    You may need a swivel manifold to get it to sit where you want.
    Gcraft so one to suit
    I've got a Taki swivel manifold, it would have been got to use the yoshi one but it would throw to carb out to the side.. I pulled the MJN out to see which one came in my setup and it is the 'YM' which is suited for a Monkey according to the manual, the other one 'YA' is supposedly for the APE100 and NSR100 etc. Hopefuly the 'YM' is the correct one because they are about $75 a pop on Jparts..

image.jpg

Comment

hi gerro.
      that is the corect needle . i did some fine tuning on mine today witch is know on a tack 106 scut with over down pipe . im running 110 main 25 pilot and ym needle in stock clip setting and is running great . if you decide at any stage you want to try a ya needle i have two of them and would be happy to shoot one to you .
      regards troy

Comment

Thanks heaps mate, I ordered a #120, #122.5 & #125 MJ and a #22.5 & #25 PJ from MikuniOz the other day so Hopefuly they will be here by the weekend so I can get it all set up..

On another subject, some of you guys with Taki engine might be able to help me out. I filled the bike with engine oil based on what the manual for the special clutch specifies (800mls or 850mls if dry), the oil level was near the top of the sight glass when only 700mls had been added, I decided to add the final 100mls anyway but the sight glass in now fully submerged, is this correct?

Comment

See where the oil level sits after it has been run - generally oil level should be in the top half of the sight glass when the bike is level ( not on sidestand )

Don't use a synthetic oil for the first 1,000 km's - I use Honda GN4 in a black bottle, then Motorex after that.

Comment

I actually drained the oil back out of it cause I thought i may have measured wrong, even after letting it drain for quite a while and tipping the bike from side to side the sight glass shown oil in the bottom 1/4 of the window. I filled it back up with exactly 800mls and the window in now submerged. As far as oil goes, I have always used a Motul mineral oil in my minibikes..

Comment

Its ok to run the better semi or fully syn oils in a taki motor as they have a oil filter to grab all the dirt and offer more protection, mineral oil's req spinners or sludge traps as in std honda motors but its ok as long as you change oil often. I found if you run motor up and then test level it works as oil is pushed around the motor more and not just sat in the sump, are you going to run a oil cooler??
              If you listen carefully you can hear rhubarb growing

Comment

For anyone interested the TM-MJN26 for 88cc comes stock with a 'YM' needle, #115 MJ & #15 PJ.

I started my bike up today for the first time with a #125 MJ & #25 PJ and the thing seems just about spot on, will need to do a bit of testing still but there is no throttle hesitation and it revs up great.. I pulled the plug and it seems to be a nice coffe colour but I didn't do a proper plug chop..

Comment

Does anyone have any idea for a starting point in jetting the tm-mjn26 for a 88cc 4v +R engine?

Comment

Hey Gerro what did Ya end up jetting this thing?? You stuck with the 125 MJ?

Comment

Hy Guys i got some problems with my 88cc yoshihead and 24 MJN Carb can anyone help me? I started with a 90 main jet and 15 pilot jet but i guess the monkey runs to lean. Now i end up with a 100 main jet and 15 pilot but i guess its still to lean. Am i on the right way?

Comment

I'm running a 26 mjn on a Taki 106 at the moment and the pilot is 27.5 and a 97.5 main it runs very well
                        I haven't fine tuned it yet but good so far

Comment

Hy Tinman what needle position do you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Monkey View Post
                            Hy Tinman what needle position do you running?
                            The MJN needle height is not adjustable, I have dropped the main back to 95 also as the plug was a little black

Comment

Mr.Monkey I had my taki 106 4v engine dyno jetted with the mjn 24 carb, over up zorst and they dropped the stock pilot from 25 to 17.5 and they dropped the stock main from 95 to 89.

Comment

I’m interested to hear your feed back on how the vm26 stacks up compared to the yoshi.
                                Are you going to back to back them.?

Comment

Working...
                                X