Tuning Issues - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning Issues - HELP

When the bike revs in neutral, it’s awesome. Takes off is great, it can wheelstand as long as you want it to. BUT on the road, under load in any gear, full throttle, the bike seems to struggle to rev out.

When a back the throttle off slightly, it seems to hit to that high rev a little better.

I tried bigger main jet, 92 and 95 and no difference. Went to a 89 main, maybe slightly better but only marginally.

- It has a 20mm pe carb.

- 110cc tb kit.

- stock exhaust.

- 38 pilot jet

- 89 main jet

- mixture screw 2 turns out

Are you running points ignition?
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Yes, standard 6v points ignition.

Comment

I would start by checking your points gap, set the points gap at 0.014" and check with a timing light, increasing the points gap will advance the ignition timing and decreasing the points gap will retard ignition timing.

Get it wrong one way and the bike will be hard to start, get it wrong the other way and it will not rev out properly, when you set the points gap with a timing light and get the marks to line up the Honda 50 engine won't miss a beat.

I have run a 20mm carb on a TB108 for tight bush tracks and it restricts the top end but gives good throttle response down low, a 24mm carb will open up the top end performance for the road.

Cheers

Jaimie
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Put a bigger exhaust on it.

Also if you're on points, I had issues with a faulty condenser causing stumbling issues. Look at putting in a tune up kit.

But my guess is the pipe is restricting it.
          Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

What sprocket gearing are you running

Comment

Working...
            X