106 scut +r, TB 117cc, daytona chin chin, full taki engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 106 scut +r, TB 117cc, daytona chin chin, full taki engine

g'day g'day, getting WELLL ahead of myself here but last time i was monkey building the big talk was lifan 140's, now after the years so many of you guys have ran full proof the taki engines, im trying to decide what i would eventually like in my z'd, at 6'2 105kg and living in a hilly area, im gonna want something that will pull hard, the scut 106cc with maybe a 5 speed looks like a nice engine build, revs hard, but not sure if it will have the power for me, the tb kits are new and cant find alot of info on them, the daytona 190's have been around a bit but have mix reactions on reliability, the taki 148 engine would be nice but...... at 4k it might be pushing my budget i'd be comfortable paying. Ive seen plenty of post but non of you guys seem to match my build that i've seen

if ya got the cash..... takegawa or TJR engine.

if not a lot of cash..... TB parts kits are good value and go great.

bugger all cash....... GPX 125, people seem very happy with these, about $600, 11-1 compression.

from what iv'e been reading i wouldn't bother with a 140cc, i'd pay the extra and get the GPX125.

if ya want something that pulls hard get a 16 year old boy
    You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

I had both TB117+R and 106+R scut. 106 revs harder and goes faster, but to be fair it was on a hardtail with a nice exhaust which is much lighter than the TB on a ct70... 106 scut engine build will set you back approx 2.5-3k but they are an excellent size for zeds, fun without been too big or small.

Comment

Takegawa 106 is fun motor with heaps of power but needs to be ridden like a 2 stroke

Comment

Originally posted by 106z50 View Post
          Takegawa 106 is fun motor with heaps of power but needs to be ridden like a 2 stroke
          How did U find the taki 106 compared to the gpx 125,wat about the gpx 160s

Comment

Yeah, but riding them like a two stroke is ALOT of fun......

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              Yeah, but riding them like a two stroke is ALOT of fun......
              1 really good bike rather than a couple of average bikes i think is what im feeling here, ive ridden a yz250 2 stoke for years up until a while ago so i am reckon she'll suite me well

Comment

There is no difference the taki 106 walks all over the gpx

Comment

Not wrong there can't wipe the smile off my face when I ride it

Comment

Not wrong there can't wipe the smile off my face when I ride it
                    sold me on it.

What are the must have things when building a 106 scut +r engine, does the clutch need to be upgraded???? 4 speed or 5 speed?

Comment

4 speed will do the job perfectly and will need a takegawa special clutch

Comment

https://youtu.be/SJnK4owwrjE

Comment

Different clutch for Honda 4 speed and Taki 5 speed if you decide to go the special clutch

Comment

Humana Humana Humana, jeez they like to rev, looks like it would be a wheelie machine

Originally posted by Tinman View Post
                            Different clutch for Honda 4 speed and Taki 5 speed if you decide to go the special clutch
                            Thanks for the tip mate will defy make sure that I post here before buying but the engine build will be last thing on the list

Comment

Just on the clutch - I did break a few of the Taky HD manual clutches - but have had no issues since moving to the Special.

Comment

Working...
                              X