X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to register a Z50 in NSW, as copied from MG

Getting rego in NSW

A vehicle can be registered without delay if an authentic compliance plate is fitted. This is providing the vehicle is roadworthy and is not modified such that it no longer complies with the applicable Australian Design Rules.

If you have a pre '76 model bike. These donít require a compliance plate and can be registered so long as all of the roadworthy requirements are met (lights, indicators, horn etc). For us, that means the 1972 Z50a k2 'U' type. The 'U' type differs from the rest of the k2's in that it is equipped with all of the requirements for the road.

You will need to re-register a vehicle if it has been registered in NSW before and the previous registration was not renewed within three months of the expiry date, or the registration has been cancelled.

You need to go to a motor registry, or send an authorised representative, to re-register the vehicle.

What you need to do:

1- Obtain a Weigh bridge ticket for blue slip examiner
    2- Get a blue slip from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station

What you need to provide to the RTA:

1- Proof of your identity, Proof of entitlement to register the vehicle.
    2- Proof of your residential address in NSW.
    3- A valid green slip
    4- A blue slip from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS).
    5- A completed Application for Registration.

What you may need to pay:

Registration fees. *$50
    Motor vehicle tax. $ $50
    Stamp duty. = $30 per thousand
    Number plate fees. *$30
    Inspection fee (the blue slip). *$30
    CTP insurance premium (the green slip). *$120

Total

*$300 for the first rego
    *$220 every year after

Engines and Exhausts

Almost all engines that can bolt into a z50 look very similar. The engine you wish to use must have an identification number on it. Not all engines have the Cubic Capacity marked on them but it is not a requirement. As long as the engine has no oil leaks etc then it will pass inspection.

Exhaust systems as long as they are under 98 decibels is more than acceptable but you need to be careful as year model can affect Exhaust system acceptance or rejection.

------------------------------

The mechanic performing the inspection for the blue slip will need some Technical information on your bike. To gather this information he will use the approval number on the compliance plate to correctly identify the vehicle and contact the RTA and request they fax the information sheet to him. Some mechanics have a thick book full of information that saves them having to make the request for information. The book contains Photos of the bike and compliance plate as well as the typical Vin and Engine numbers for that model.

e.g.
    Model info

Honda Z50 JZ

Vin: AB02 -
    Eng: AB02E -
    Year:
    Colour:

Compliance plate approval number 1782 / 5318

Engine: OHC 49cc, 3 Cubic Inches. Bore 39mm x stroke 41.4mm, 3 speed Semi auto,
    Power: 2.6 PS or 1.9KW @ 7000 rpm

Seat height 655mm
    Ground clearance 150mm
    Overall length 52.8 inches or 1340 mm
    Overall width 23.6 inches or 600 mm
    Overall height 33.3 inches or 845 mm

Wheelbase 35.24 inches or 895 mm
    Weight 127.9lbs or 58 kg

Z50Monkey
    Andrew

i wish i saved a lot of stuff from monkey garage good on ya mate for postin very handy

Comment

its about $225 for a green slip in nsw.....my z was $350 with the plate + $100 order fee(now $140)

and $60 for a blue slip and id check......and my weigh bridge ticket says 40kg, but i think its heavier????
      Last edited by woody; 25th October 2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I gotta say that you blokes on the east coast have got it a hell lot tougher than we do in SA.. My last rego for 12 months in July was $187.00-CTP & GST included. NO blue slips.. NO green slips. No ID check or weigh ticket. Just go to rego office and pay. And since July you can pay online and away you go. We don't get issued rego labels anymore either so 1 more thing we don't need to have bolted on the bike. The law just punches in your rego number into their on board computers and have all the info they need at their fingertips..

Comment

yeah NSW seems to be very strict, here in the ACT we just have a rego inspection and then go to the govt shopfront and pay your money. My rego on the bikes is about $208 for 12 months
          Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

why is nsw the only state that increased CTP prices for motor bikes.......used to be about $80 for under 100cc, now its $225 for under 100cc........my hilux CTP is only $480.......

Comment

Rego and insurance costs for my Z50M this year:
              Pink Slip (inspection) $20.50
              CTP Green Slip $151.11
              RTA rego as motorcycle 49cc $111.00
              NRMA Insurance Vintage, Veteran and Classic $252.95

Total $535.56

Comment

Just About to go register one,
                So basically guys its these steps:

1- weigh bridge ticket
                1- rta vehicle inspection station

Then head to the rta with all my paperwork?

Comment

Its about $120 a year in Vic for 49cc. RWC only needed on first rego or transfer - not yearly.RWC costs depend on where you get them done - I have my own RWC license so they cost me zip! (Usually $180)
                  ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

costs me $200 a year

Comment

rta stinks

Comment

Who does every one use for a green slip?

Comment

I used QBE
                          u alsu need a receipt listing sellers name address and signature as well as your name address and signature
                          easy just write your own reciept get your misses/ friend etc to be the seller because we all know that where u bought it from
                          Restorate not Separate

Comment

Originally posted by fjute1955 View Post
                            I used QBE
                            u alsu need a receipt listing sellers name address and signature as well as your name address and signature
                            easy just write your own reciept get your misses/ friend etc to be the seller because we all know that where u bought it from
                            you dont need a weight bridge ticket weight just needs to be listed on the blue slip
                            also RTA inspection isnt required if u have a blue slip
                            Restorate not Separate

Comment

Okay then thx for that i will get my gf to do that for me. I will contact qbe for a ctp.

do they need a copy of the rta?

Comment

Working...
                              X