Tas registration query z50k2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tas registration query z50k2

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the whole z50ak2 'u' type registration debacle when it comes to tasmania in particular? I am aware this topic has been brought up and answered several times for mainland states but havent seen any reference to tas yet so thought id ask if anyone has done it or knows if it is any harder/easier. Im aware of the way vic and qld people have been doing it through the honda letter->stat dec etc method but have read it can be difficult to get honda to be helpful sometimes. Also aware of how nsw seems to be pretty straight forward in just needing the roadworthy then onto the rego department.

I have talked to a guy that does roadworthy certificates here in tas as well as a lady behind the counter at service tas and both didnt really jump at there being any issue getting rego for a pre compliance bike, then again i technically didnt mention exactly what bike it was, just sort of said it was an old bike with no rego history. Not 100% sure if they caught onto what i was trying to ask.

In case anyone is wondering my bike is a z50ak2 u type as identified by the frame number of z50a402XXX and build date of 1st dec 1973.

Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated as i like many others would hate to spend heaps of time and money on a bike only to be knocked back because people dont know there own rules.

thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I don't know if there's any difference in the rules, state to state, just how they are implemented .
    If I were you, I'd move, just to get further away from Dex............just kidding. I'd find a photo of one on the net that has Australian rego on it and take it in and ask at the counter. Tell them the actual model etc, and get the persons name that says its ok.
    I have heard of guys sending bikes interstate to register them then transfering them apon return. A weird loop hole in rules.
    Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Can't see you having a problem with rego down here mate.
      What part of the state are you from? The good end (north) or the butthole end with Dex, Mick and Gez (south)?
      Z50J, Z50R, YB100, CB250RS, GSXR600

Comment

Why thank you ivan ,," can pick a boags drinker " ,,,

Welcome to the forum posters joe' ,
        Best to be upfront with the powers that be , and let them know what the bike is specifically.
        Most will no doubt have no clue , but theres z50's regoed in tas
        Then its just a rego inspection at any bike friendly agent ,,
        Lights , no leaks , everything works and is all well .
        Then front up to service tas and bung the paperwork in .

Ohh ,, and some pix mate ,,,,we thrive on them here .

" peter ,,, we seriously need to have a scotch one day "
        its engine oil madge ,,,
        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
          " peter ,,, we seriously need to have a scotch one day "
          Ha Ha, I'm stupid enough without scotch in me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas. From the south Ivan, the more civilized end didn't you know?

As for the roadworthy to be honest i dont think that'll be an issue i was more concerned about servive tas coming back and turning me down because there is no rego history or old plates therefore there is nothing to class it as in the system or something?, thats where ive heard peolple on the mainland having the most issues. Have any of you guys actually done it yourself or heard of anyone in tas having an issue because of the no previous history/no comp plate deal? just wanted to make extra sure.

Regardless i think ill probably get the bike organised and give it a try, sounds like there shouldnt be any problems.

As for a pic hopefully i did it right dex and u can see them not sure how to add photos.20170820_143742.jpg20170820_143816.jpg The bike is missing just about every electrical part needed for the roadworthy, it doesnt even have a battery of harness.

Comment

Could whack up a wanted add for bits needed on the forum .
              Lot of blokes on here store up bits and spares .
              Never know your luck
              its engine oil madge ,,,
              Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

You might need the right handle bars or swap the top plate for a flat one. Doubt they'll like the homemade adaptor.

Comment

You are out numbered Simon. All the cool dudes hang out down south in Cascade country. Joepayne, you will have to check out my small collection when you have a look at the headlight bucket. No regoed bikes but oneday I will.
                  74AŚ3. 78J1. 79R. 82R. 83R. 99R. 74MR50. 75XR75. 98XR70 Crf70. Crf230. Crf450. KLX140.

Comment

Yeah peter when i got the bike the handlebars were the first thing i noticed... was thinking about putting a qa50 top clamp and bars on later on down the track but gotta get lights going first.

Mick, i look forward to coming and having a look. I will defiantly email you back at some stage this week so we can organise a time.

Comment

Ah another sucker from the south �� Well I guess more bikes up north for me ����

As for rego I got my z50jz registered easy with no prior rego history however it does have the plate. Go make friends with your rego inspector. Haha..
                      Z50J, Z50R, YB100, CB250RS, GSXR600

Comment

Working...
                      X