Home made tools and jigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made tools and jigs

Just looking at Babu's Fork Leg Jig and thought what a good thread this would be. Let us have a look at the stuff you have made. Sometimes we need a tool and we cant buy it at that time or they are to expensive or you think I can make one of those and it will work better and then sometimes there is just nothing available to do the job and we have to improvise.
    I will start it off with some tools I made to help me with the making of expansion chambers for my race bikes and a spring compresser for pulling shocks apart.

It is adjustable for different length shock springs you just clamp it in the vice put the shock in (1 pin through hole) and its an easy one hand operation leaving the other hand free to remove the clips.

It then folds up neatly to hang on the wall till needed again.

This photo shows how it holds the spring so simple and works great. This black coloured compresser is the first one I made 20 years ago and I still use it. The blue ones I made to sell at big meeting to help cover fuel costs.

The ball end tools are used to round off the pipes mainly after the sections have been welded together. the bent bars are used up inside the pipe bends and that hammer with the rounded head is perfect for beating around the inside curves of the pipes.

Pipe finished and on the bike
    ps Adam I have sent you a PM.
    Zane

Nice work on the pipe Zane, looks like a bike to add to the 2 stroke section.

Comment

swingarm extender jig
      bolt it on before you cut. cant go wrong !

home zink kit , highly recommended for the restorer, zink any time you want.

Z50M front end jig MADE BY PETER , not me , i used it , perfect
      http://www.monkeymechanic.com/showth...m-engine-stand

Comment

heres a hammer I made and a pic of be bangin out a dam with it,
        thumb.jpg

Comment

council know bout that " luxo " spa on the nature strip sean ?????
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Hi there,

Here is the tool i made to press swingarm rubbers in and out.

Cheers.

IMG_2922.jpg

Comment

i like it cosmo

Comment

like this thread! love the jigs but can you guys stop making jigs that looks so much nicer than the part i'm trying to make? makes my jigs look like rubbish... well thinking about it, mine jigs are made of rubblish. And zane, painted jigs? your the man... haha...

here is a 2 min disposable jig to make the round bits on tail light brackets.

round pipe, rectangular tube. bad welds
                20130219_221904.jpg

4 holes
                20130220_094512.jpg

20130219_221926.jpg

20130219_220609.jpg

20130219_220928.jpg

Comment

high tech spacers...
                  20130219_221751.jpg

20130219_222041.jpg

20130219_222334.jpg

20130220_092253.jpg

Comment

is that for a kenworth number plate

Comment

no this one is ultra thin with wings....

does any one have a jig or know how to bend 1" pipes? radius 35mm 90deg.

Comment

A mate of mine has been making these Engine Degree Wheels for years they have logos from most of the popular bikes on them or he personalise them with the buyers details, name or whatever you want on them. He usually sells them at motocross meetings for about $10 each or posts them out for the same price plus actual postage costs. He made mine for me about 10 years ago, never wear out but hard to find at a good price.
                        Zane

Comment

can we PM you to get one or maybe his details Zane,

Comment

Originally posted by MadZ50 View Post
                            can we PM you to get one or maybe his details Zane,
                            Yes Sean you or other members can send me a PM or email me at (jnzcurrie@bigpond.com) I have about dozen of them in my shed at the moment left over from the last classic dirt meeting.
                            Zane

Comment

Originally posted by babu View Post
                              no this one is ultra thin with wings....

does any one have a jig or know how to bend 1" pipes? radius 35mm 90deg.
                              Hi there,

I use this method for bending exhaust pipes. Weld or plug one end of the pipe and get some fine sand, wet it and using a funnel fill to the brim and plug that end. Tap the pipe as you go to settle the sand. Then you will need a form to bend it to shape, i make my own but if you have acces to a pipe bender with the correct size forms that would be easier. Make sure to rinse pipe well and treat with a rust converter liquid when you finish.

Cheers.

Ex 8.jpg

This is the form i made for this application.

Ex 10.jpgEx 13.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X