No announcement yet.

Home made tools and jigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers cosmo, how did you from the semi-circle recess? router bit?

Comment

Hi Babu,

Yes, used a router bit and builders bog to smooth out to the shape.

Cheers.

Comment

i like it...

Comment

here's my bike building stand
          i recommend it , easy to move around

R CRAFT made me one when he made a few for his workshop as he builds a few bikes and motors, as well as takegawa parts

Comment

Good work Blackattack, Like all the stuff you build, done with professional skill.
            ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

my stuff is basic
              R CRAFTS stuff is perfect as he is a perfection lunatic. said my stand isnt worthy of his motor.
              he made me the stand just for my freddy styled z50 as it has a motor he built for me with used takegawa parts.

Comment

Looks like my Tonelli needs some more upgrades. My speedo max only reads 116.

Comment

Built this old vice 20 years ago. Needed something that would open out to wider than any of the vices available for sale. This is half offset and opens out to about 12 inches or around 300mm. Being fabricated rather than cast means I can give it a real hiding with the hammer etc when the need arises and over the years its had plenty of them and it hasn't broken yet. The extra opening lets me hold much bigger items between the jaws and up until I got my press I used it for pressing most of my bearings both in and out plus heaps of other jobs.
                  Zane

Comment

thumbs up zane

Comment

Bead breaker

Made this up in my go karting days but have used it on rideon mowers, wheel barrows as well as the odd rusted003.jpg z50 tyre.

Comment

Looks like this goes here.
                        Cheers

Btool001.jpgBtool002.jpg
                        When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

Comment

Gday guys,
                          new to the forum and bike mechanics in general. This is the cheap and nasty $10 Valve tool i made using a clamp and a 16mm socket, took 5 min to cut the socket with a angle grinder and a cutoff wheel. Worked really well for what it is, didnt cause any damage
                          IMG_0606.jpgIMG_0607.jpg

Comment

Made these a while back and they both work pretty good.

The first is small bearing on a 100mm long shaft and I use it on my lathe. Sometimes you have to machine a thin piece of plate or similar stock and it can sometimes be hard to hold them in the chuck and get them to spin true. I set the bearing tool up on centre or close to it and move it until it contacts the job which is not held completely tight as the job turns pressure from the bearing moves it slightly until it's true then I stop the lathe and tighten the jaws, it only takes a few seconds and saves me a heap of time.

The second will be a lot more useful to a lot of you blokes. It is based on a slide hammer but with a drill drift attached (used to remove morse taper drills from the taper) I found that often when I wanted to change the drill the drift would be there but I would have to find a hammer this eliminates the need for a hammer.
                            Zane

Comment

removing crank cam chain sprocket/gear

left over piece of lintel

20140901_210302.jpg

20140901_093013-1.jpg

careful not to damage the thread when knocking. I took the flywheel bolt off and put an old socket over then hammer the socket.

don't forget to catch the crank.

Comment

Good idea to heat it up as well.
                                Save the monkeys

Comment

Working...
                                X