Screw this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw this!

G'day gents. After having tired of stripping screws, I am looking to banish the Phillips heads and buy some proper JIS screwdrivers. Seems like nobody stocks them in Perth, does anybody have recommendations for where to buy and what brand?
    TIA
    Hec.

https://rhinotools.com.au/brand/vess...FQQGvAodcskI9w
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Something you can whoop with a mallet ,,!
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

You can by anti cam out screw drivers, they're brilliant.

imagesCAYG7A6V.jpg
        Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

http://www.vesseltools.com/hand-tool...ypage.tpl.html

Just for Dex

Comment

That's them ,,
            $80 odd for a set of them
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
              That's them ,,
              $80 odd for a set of them
              Well they arrived today. Hopefully get a chance to break them in on the weekend.
              Anyone else considering buying from Rhino Tools, promo code is SAV10 for a 10% discount.

Comment

image.jpeg
                its engine oil madge ,,,
                Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

buy a decent set of kincrome phillips head screw drivers they seem to fit phillips head screws perfectly i haven't had a screw that i couldn't undo yet ( advice from an old mechanic ) kincrome seem to have got the profile right when it comes to phillips head screwdrivers

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
                    buy a decent set of kincrome phillips head screw drivers they seem to fit phillips head screws perfectly i haven't had a screw that i couldn't undo yet ( advice from an old mechanic ) kincrome seem to have got the profile right when it comes to phillips head screwdrivers
                    The problem is they don't have Phillips head screws they have JIS.
                    Out of my depth in a car park puddle.

Comment

JIS is just a name for japanese industry standard it is still a phillips head screw kincrome phillips screwdrivers fit motorcycle screws perfectly unlike a lot of other brands around , the kincrome screwdrivers are made to fit right inside the screw cross section and bite in without slipping out i'm not saying or being smart that jis aren't good but why pay big dollars or buy a brand when another brand of driver as good will do the same job

Comment

Not a lot of difference:

22308888_10101564447222358_2415388177537085307_n.jpg
                        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic Honda 50's View Post
                          Not a lot of difference:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22082[/ATTACH]
                          Yeah, I have heard several people say JIS isnt a real thing - just buy quality tools. Mine are Kingchrome and I've never had any issues.
                          Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

I just ground points off all mine, fit perfectly.
                            Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Working...
                            X