3.5-8" rims looking for lower profile tyre recomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5-8" rims looking for lower profile tyre recomendations

Hi all I have an issue with the front tyre hitting the head (138cc 4v) & lowered 40mm, yes I know its too long & low but its only under brake, looking for a low profile road tyre size that doesn't look stupidly small. Currently I have Kitaco 3.5" rims with Duro 110/80-8 front and rear. If I could gain another 15mm or so more clearance that would be handy.

Why not change the offset of the fork - this will move the whole wheel further forward - that’s if a tyre doesn’t cure the issue

Comment

I started to look at that option but couldn’t find anything with the stock look, I just put standard hieght hydraulic inserts in a couple hours ago and I think that has fixed the issue

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
          I started to look at that option but couldn’t find anything with the stock look, I just put standard hieght hydraulic inserts in a couple hours ago and I think that has fixed the issue
          It is something you would have to make yourself. Much easier than you might think given the number of CNC metal cutting services that are around today.

you would just get the two triangular pieces cut ( to the offset you require - and width also if you wanted to use a wider front wheel ) and use the fork tubes from a stock fork to make a custom fork assembly.

Comment

ahh right I got you, yeh that wouldn't be too hard

Comment

Working...
            X