Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were to mount oil cooler on bike with massive engine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried with a 1 inch spacer between the rear tank mount and the frame? That's what most guys do. Seeing you have a jz headlight have you thought of making a mount that screws into the keyswitch holder bolts on the frame for the oil cooler

Comment

Yea that's plan b. just gotta check room and clearance my rear seat/tank mount has been welded in so 1" spacer won't work.

Comment

why not mount it under the headlight?
        ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

Mount the cooler you have in front of your tool box on the rear rack,
          If you listen carefully you can hear rhubarb growing

Comment

what about these ,,,?
            http://classichonda50saustralia.com....&productId=960

just ask jamie the dimentions of it ,
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Yea already got a few things to order from Jamie. I've only seen a dax with it mounted under the head light.
              What a good safe max temp for your oil I've got a drain plug mounted temp gauge.

Ill give the stock one a run till I find one that really grabs my attention. I do like the 400xr one I reckon I could mount it under the frame. It's the last 10% that take 90% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by Gros21 View Post
                i love it is that the stock tripple tree spacing? also its teh 1st time ive seen one mounted to z
                Originally posted by Buddah View Post
                I believe they are standard spacing. You do have to put a decent size bolt through the frame though just above the compliance plate (seen in pic 2 ).
                And by looking at it you have to drill straight through the frame to mount it. I would look at other ways to mount it.
                MG the good old days

Comment

Yea I I'd make some over top of frame mount or use key stay brackets.

But I agree it looks pretty good. Also not far side of that oil cooler return faces forward.

Comment

I run a yx184 and run the cooler just In front off the manifold

I also made a slightly triangular mounting plate when fitting this yx140. Uses the frames horn mount hole.
                    Had to be angled slightly to facilatate hoses and clear forks.

Comment

Working...
                    X