Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were to mount oil cooler on bike with massive engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were to mount oil cooler on bike with massive engine?

My engine is 184cc so there isn't much room just want to see were people mount them.

I'd love to mount it under head like but not sure if ill have room.

Cheets

would depend on what cooler ,,, size wize depth, what mounting it has etc ,,,
    is your bike low low ,,?

either under the head , above ,, headstock front of forks etc .
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Front forks just under the headlight look good. People have used a xr400 oil cooler which mounts around the head stem of the frame. Pretty inconspicuous

Comment

um its a stock cooler from a 160z pitster engine
        cooler is in pic below
        http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/new-2013-p...charging/EN-09

this is how its sitting
        http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6978/6kyn.jpg

monkeyz do u have a pic. If i mount it under head light what mounts do i use?

Comment

You need to modify your front end or your wheel is going to hit the motor.
          Don't use the stock cooler there crap get one that will work properly
          MG the good old days

Comment

Apparently it won't mate runs same front end it's not a stock front end on his jz with same motor. Isn't there a spacer/shim trick u can do to shorten the travel?

I'll look out for a xr400 cooler I do have a tackagawa sump bolt mount temp reader thingo so I will keep a close eye on temps.

Comment

Xr400 coolers go for around 200, check ebay

Comment

still no luck finding much really im not a fan of the overlly 'blingy' but still cant find any pics of one mounted under the head light (except on a dax) i miight try to squeeze it above teh engine but rooms extremely tight. any pic swould be great.

3 mate salso run this combo on there z50 and non run oil coolers but i deffinitky want to run one.

Comment

Not a fan of the xr400 ones?

Comment

Here's a pic of one on a zed
                    Get your monkey on

Comment

I like it. Neat and tidy, and also out of the way
                      Get your monkey on

Comment

i love it is that the stock tripple tree spacing? also its teh 1st time ive seen one mounted to z

Comment

Originally posted by Gros21 View Post
                          i love it is that the stock tripple tree spacing? also its teh 1st time ive seen one mounted to z
                          I believe they are standard spacing. You do have to put a decent size bolt through the frame though just above the compliance plate (seen in pic 2 ).
                          Get your monkey on

Comment

Yea if try to make a mount up some how either over the top or using the holes were the key stay goes right under vin plate or off steering lock.
                            That's a jz/r frame my untrained eye tells me and there key stay was in head light.

This will show my lack of room better exaust is a full circuit t4 jobbie

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5290/ndar.jpg

Comment

Carby manifold will nit fit as it hits tank. Even with no fuel cock. I've tried 3 manifolds not fit.

Mate that's putting it together is having quite a few probs. but it's getting there.

Comment

Working...
                              X