Oil cooler mounting and flow on hardtail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler mounting and flow on hardtail

Hi just have a couple of questions about mounting a oil cooler on a hardtail.
    I have a k2 with a Kitaco 88cc and Takegawa hi vol oil pump and a Takegawa hd auto clutch.

The cooler is a Tb

Will it be ok to mount vertically as space is limited ?
    Does the oil flow from the bottom connection and return in the top on the engine plate ....If this is so do you think it should be plumbed so the pressure hose is on top to relieve the oil pump ?

Can't wait to get the bike finished and ride it .

image.jpg

What about going under?

image.jpg

Comment

I'd put inlet at top, that's how radiators are. Probably would make a great difference though. What about the shmicko ones RR77 put on his, the look the part and don't need mounts.
      Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Going to go low , at least I can get to the spark plug and won't have oil drain back when the bikes stopped.

Comment

Low is much better , started making the brackets for it today

image.jpg

Comment

How close is it to the front tyre, also if where you have it mounted to the cylinder comes loose will the cooler drop down or do you have it mounted to the head also.
            Need a new motor.

Comment

Yep it will me mounted to the head as well. There's a fair bit of distance between the wheel , will give it some compressions when I have finished the brackets .

Comment

Working...
              X