Oil gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil gallery

have a question regarding this doova.>rodclutch-push_big22820118670-01_f8f8.jpg0410 Engine Clutch Case - manual.jpgImage.jpg
    it has a hole drilled through it and a hole that comes in from the side.. Now it looks like the oil travels from the pump through the
    clutch cover oil gallery and then it travels through this metal pluggy thing down through the centre of the clutch to the crank shaft
    big end bearing. now the hole in the side of the plug has to line up with the hole in the clutch cover housing so as the oil can travel through.
    what happens when there not opposing each other. especially when you pull the clutch in at idol.???
    Save the monkeys

Sorry mate. ..
    But you lost me there. ..
    If you are asking about the bit behind the cmsnl winking bloke. ..
    Its just the button that is actuated by the clutch throwout.
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Dex if you have a look at the clutch cover you can see the oil gallery, it's like a vein running from the oil pump
      Across the front of the the clutch cover into the centre of where that button sits. Then oil travels through this button
      Down through the clutch to the big end bearing.the button has a hole drilled in the side of it and this lines up with
      That little vein you can see in the picky of the clutch cover, you can see it there right where the hole is that the button sits in.
      Save the monkeys

Comment

Oil probably flows around it when the clutch is pulled in. Why are you asking? Have you had an oil supply problem?

Comment

Ahhh.
          Other pix showing now. .Need new phone.
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by Z50Jack View Post
            Oil probably flows around it when the clutch is pulled in. Why are you asking? Have you had an oil supply problem?
            Jack when I was bolting it together the other day, the theory of relativity was in the back of my mind.
            The metal plug is a fairly tight fit in the plug hole. The plug and or the hole don't have a cylindrical groove
            around them. So my thought is, how does the oil travel from the oil gallery through the hole in the plug
            And on to the crank shaft when then hole in the side of the plug and the hole in the clutch cover don't line up??
            My plug is almost flush with the oil seal on the outside when the clutch is pushed in thus putting the 2 holes a fair distance
            Apart IMO . Am I making any sense? As for the oil flow problem , I haven't ran it for very long so I,m not waiting to find out.
            Save the monkeys

Comment

To be sure i gave the oil gallery outlet a bit of a touch up with the dremel. CLUTCH OIL .jpgCLUTCH OIL 2.jpgCLUTCH OIL 3.jpgCLUTCH SLUG .jpg
              Save the monkeys

Comment

Looks like the design is a bit wanting. What is seems to need is an oil groove machined all the way around the "doova"
                ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

Working...
                X