Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump shaft?

Hi All - hoping someone can help me.

Have started installing a Takegawa oil pump - part no 01-16-0042.

When I go to install it - the shaft is, well, reversed? I thought I must have ordered the wrong pump - but my frame number and the part number line up.

Pictures are:

Shaft side, takegawa at the top.

shaftside.jpg

Top side, takegawa at the right.

topside.jpg

I'm not sure on this - but the bike did have a tb88 kit on it when I got it. The oil pump on the left may actually be a tb one rather than a honda - but I'm really not sure?

Anyway - I'm kinda stuck. Any ideas?

The old one is 6 v oil pump think you only need a new 12v shaft to use the new oil pump

Comment

My bike is a 6V - one of the late 3.1ps type - frame is Z50J-1617xxx.

This is from the manual and the package - so it looks like it should work?

6Vmodel.jpg

Comment

The old pump is 12 volt style already if the housing is the same thickness as the new Taki and isn't worn just reuse it, also check the feed hole in the case that goes to the head is drilled out to 2mm

Comment

Thanks Tinman.

It's pretty much the same thickness - and the case was already drilled - so it looks like it already had a bigger pump in it.

I'm assuming its a tb kit and you actually swap the shaft by the look of it.

Comment

My TB 88 oil pump came with the 12v shaft

Comment

The TB Parts high volume oil pumps all use the smaller diameter 12 volt engine male drive oil pump drive shafts to provide clearance for the stroker cranks.

The old Honda OEM female drive larger diameter oil pump drive shaft at the bottom:

TB 6v HV Oil Pump 2.jpg
              Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Thanks guys - all makes sense now.

Comment

Working...
                X