JZ oil catch tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JZ oil catch tanks

Since putting in the big bore kit, the engine is breathing a bit of oil has any one got any pics of there oil catch tanks, I've got the takegawa z style standard exhaust so can't mount it there on that side of frame or any ideas which one to get.

Get the one that mounted under a jz carry rack
    Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Yeh been looking at that takegawa one not overly cheap though hoping there might be something else to look at

Comment

I drilled out the case and fitted a larger breather in my 88 probably not a practical solution for you
        Perhaps one of those Taki breathers that fits in the oil filler hole and run the hose up high towards the back of the bike

Comment

Thanks guys for your help I do really like the takegawa under the rack mounted one MattyP they look good and simple mounting but for around $220 delivered I think I might go the minimoto ($100) delivered one I found last night not as good quality but the same basics are there and I will mod it to mount in the same spot then It will have the oil return rather than just a breather, I rode it to work today @ not very high revs and not a drop but when you sit @ a higher rev range it pumps it out so a return line might be a safer option Tinman.

Comment

Is it coming out of the standard case breather on the top?

Comment

Yeh out of the case breather hose

Comment

Were the rings installed the right way around with the small "R" logo facing the top of the bore?
                Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Yeh I'm pretty sure they were installed the right way and staggered the ring gaps, I've noticed a little bit of a oil drip from between the head & barrel underneath, maybe the head gasket has gone?

Comment

Hey Jamie what rpm do these 88big bore race head set ups do when you did the dyno? It doesn't blow any oil when cruising around but the day it blew heaps out I was sitting on 70km/h for awhile so I'm thinking it's s higher rpm thing maybe.

Comment

Did you place the rubber O rings in ,?
                      its engine oil madge ,,,
                      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Yeh Dex there all in correct, I'm amusuming this is not a common thing to be happening, my only reason I'm thinking it doesn't have anything to do with the top end installation side of it is because wouldn't it be doing it all the time rather than longer rides with higher rpm's or should I be looking at the fact it shouldn't be building up that much crank case pressure full stop?

Comment

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone have pics of how the takegawa catch cans actually sit on K2s?
                          Either the cylinder type, under rear or the side cover ones?

Comment

I ended up getting a mini moto cylinder type instead of the taka for the same reason didn't know how it would fit or look and they are pricey, mounted it under the jz seat, had to piss off all the junk braided hoses it came with and kept the fittings so they could be manoeuvred around neatly. It was just under $100 delivered was not bad for a cheap option.

Comment

Working...
                            X