Taki 106cc carb size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taki 106cc carb size?

Hey whatís everyone running on there taki 106kits? Iím looking at the vm26 but what else is equivelant to those?

Vm20 would be ideal. You could also go a cr22 mini
    Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Wouldn’t vm20 be too small? I’ve got a vm22 that was dyno jetted for a tb108 motor but the Taki site reckons to use a vm26 for the 106.

Comment

Nope, check all of my dump results on this forum.

The vm26 will be very hard to tune on a 106.

The vm20 still has a big main jet. Something like 160-170 and the vm26 has 180 or 190

I had a Daytona 150 running mint with a pd22 and about a 105main jet

Comment

Ok so should try my vm22 then before buying another carb, it’s got a 17.5 pilot and 105 main

Comment

Yeah definitely give it a go.

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...972-Dyno-night

Comment

MattyP It Would be good to see a 12v 106cc 4v on the dyno to see what numbers it makes, I had the 6v tb108 in the jz before it got stolen Jamie posted the dyno sheet up made 10.2hp with the vm22 on it & taki exhaust which now looking back at it that wasn't too bad, I swapped over to the Yoshi 24mm & over up pipe gained a little through through the mid but lost a tinny bit hp. It def felt like it had more toque.

Comment

More torque with the bigger or smaller carb?

Did the bigger carb need a larger main jet to compensate for the extra air?
                Therefore using more fuel but producing the same amount of power?

Comment

Sorry I was talking about the Yoshi 24 def made an improvement from take off to mid range but lost a tiny amount hp at the top but it did pulled harder, when riding it you could feel the difference but if your chasing numbers the $ the 24 carb was worth pffft your not going to pluck an extra 2hp or so from putting one of them on. I do wonder if the over up pipes are that great performance wise or just sound good I was thinking when I put those 2 on together that they didn't gel together, nearly 1K process to gain not much.

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/attac...5&d=1506049036

Comment

I ran a vm26 on my 106 4v and with just a basic tune to make sure it was running right. Made 13.28hp but the vm26 does feel to big

Comment

I run a PE24 on my DOHC 110cc Daytona .. thing screams along. Too many people go too big on carbies

Comment

Working...
                      X