China Swingarm and chain help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Swingarm and chain help

I’m new to this although I’ve been a fan for a long time. I had an old swingarm I purchased years ago that I wanted to try on my sky team 125cc. The chain had to be lengthened but now I noticed that the chain is resting on the swingarm. I know I could add tension but it doesn’t look like it would clear even if it was tightened a bit. Is there a way to fix this that I’m not aware about? Do I need to change sprockets are possible lower the height of the rear? I need help please.

Comment

The chain might clear everything when you sit on it? If not you may need shorter springs. Tighten the chain abit, sit on it and check if the chain clears. Form there you can work out what length springs you need for the chain to clear the bottom swing arm brace.

Comment

I’m with babu, looks like the only way you’ll get it to clear is with shorter springs and get the swing arm more horizontal. Not ideal, but.

Comment

Yo Marky
          Get on the bike.
          Grab the top of the chain and pull it up.
          And get someone to take a pic, so we can see how bad it really is.
          When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

Comment

And what gears are you running?
            When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

Comment

I'm scrapping it. I don't even know where I got it. its been awhile since I last played with the bike. 5 years. I'm going with a kepspeed swingarm and hoping it works out better since the stabilizer bar has a wider opeing and it being a gcraft copy anyway. oh well, thanks guys. I'm going to be leaning on this forum. appreciate the responses.

Comment

Check the ooracing store site ,,
                got my braced swing arm there ,,
                could run 265 to 315mm shocks no worry’s

as on this thread
                http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/forum...159-two-in-one
                its engine oil madge ,,,
                Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Minimoto +5cm
                  still learning.....

Comment