Standard swingarm extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard swingarm extension

Has anyone modified a standard swingarm 40mm and to suit standard length shocks?

You mean to have the arm longer ,,
    But have the shock mounts " forward " on the arm to keep arround the same height ,?
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Yeh I want the swing arm 40mm longer but want the stock swing arm look, and I’ve got stock length Daytona shocks so I would have to move the mounts forward To keep it the same height, was hoping someone has done one so I could see how it looks

Comment

Johns got a standard looking swing arm on his 40th mate, it's a +4 and has the mounts to use standard length shocks, he has a set of 265's he's going to use on it, or do you actually want the standard swing arm just longer?

Comment

Wasn’t there a thing where you could use an XR75 swing arm or something like that? That may work? Someone on here must have done it because I wouldn’t have read about it anywhere else.

Comment

I wanted a swing arm +4 to suit standard height rear shocks but I want to run the stock swing arm tube look, I don't want the after market look. I might ask john for a pic of his.

Comment

I've used one of these no issues.

https://www.webike.ph/products/20022618.html

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
                Wasn’t there a thing where you could use an XR75 swing arm or something like that? That may work? Someone on here must have done it because I wouldn’t have read about it anywhere else.
                Dogboy did one years ago, but was way longer than +40

I’ve lengthened heaps of stock swing arms to +40 but have always used 280mm shocks. Personally I think it might look a bit funny unless you went to the trouble of remanufacturing the ends of the swing arm so the shock mount was further forward to suit the shorter shock.
                I suppose you could run the rear lower ( by lengthening the swing as we have in the past ) and lower the front to suit, so the bike sits level

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                  I wanted a swing arm +4 to suit standard height rear shocks but I want to run the stock swing arm tube look, I don't want the after market look. I might ask john for a pic of his.
                  Here's John's beast...

Comment

Oh that’s the G-Craft +4. I think MattyP has one similar that’s been anodised black.

Comment

If they’re the stock length shocks why not do the same thing? I have a g-craft +4 with the 240mm Daytona shocks and a +6 with stock length Daytona shocks and they’re similar in height. They are both lower than John’s though.

Comment

You could use those shock absorber extensions on eBay they make the shock about 20 to 25mm longer then you could leave the swingarm mounts where they are

Comment

This is an older photo of my gorilla with the +50 swing arm I linked above.

The Gorilla has Daytona -40s in the front, so sits a bit low:

Gorilla_minimoto_50.JPG

And this is the JZ with the GCraft +40 (same as on John's bike), factory rear shocks, factory length daytona inserts in the forks:

JZ_gcraft40.JPG

Comment

Working...
                          X