FI seat to JZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FI seat to JZ

Not much happening on the forum lately and not much riding either because of rain in the West so I thought I would put a 50th anniversary seat on the JZ

1.jpg

Unfortunately they don't bolt straight on and are a little bit higher as well which looks odd on a JZ, but I have an old seat that I can pinch the brackets from for the FI seat

2.jpg

Because I don't won't to drill the spot welds in the brackets I will attack it from the other side

3.jpg

4.jpg

Many holes later the brackets are free from the doner seat using the spot weld broach that I bought a while ago

5.jpg

6.jpg

Some patient grinding on the FI seat and the brackets are off

7.jpg

Here is a comparison of the two brackets side by side note the front is a lot wider also

8.jpg

9.jpg

A tidy up of the new seat base for the mounting of the brackets

10.jpg

Pilot holes for the nutserts going in, not a big fan of these but I have a few seats from Webike that use them so hopefully 7 of them can hold my weight ok

11.jpg

All the holes done for the nutserts and plate cleaned up for painting

12.jpg

13.jpg

Nutserts fitted to base and painted

14.jpg

Brackets painted and all bolted on to seat base

15.jpg

The finished product on the bike took about 7 hours in total, the seat is about 10mm further back than standard

16.jpg

17.jpg

Comment

looks a bit bigger than the jz seat but looks great i recon, just as comfy?

i like it...... good job.
      You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

I'm hoping it will be more comfy z nut

Comment

Nice job ,, good lookn outcome realy
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Working...
          X