Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which exhaust for a z50j1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which exhaust for a z50j1

    Looking for an exhaust for my z50j1 project.
    It has an kitatco 88cc barrel and honda E22 head, for performance reason I don't really think a standard
    exhaust will cut it?

    I've seen this http://japan.webike.net/products/1255687.html and like the look of it as it appears standard.
    Not sure if it will fit thought, has anyone fitted this to a j1?

    Is there another standard looking exhaust out there?

    Cheers,

    Blue

  • #2
    Yeah mate, that exhaust will be fine for a j1. You will need to use a jz exhaust shield or mod it for a j1 shield.
    MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
    sigpic

    Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Gimp_pro I didn't realise the shields were different, better take a closer look at them
      Guess the mod would likely involve welding a few nuts onto the exhaust?
      Anyone on here done it?

      Thanks
      Blue

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Blue View Post
        Thanks Gimp_pro I didn't realise the shields were different, better take a closer look at them
        Guess the mod would likely involve welding a few nuts onto the exhaust?
        Anyone on here done it?

        Thanks
        Blue
        Seen it done, jz shield wouldn't look to bad either way. Can be done. Just tack nuts on
        MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
        sigpic

        Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

        Comment


        • #5
          Yo Blue
          I'm using a 04-02-2308 on a J1 with a JZ heat shield.
          On an 88cc motor
          I needed a 10mm spacer under the back of the tank.
          http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...9-Yella-J1-xJZ
          Post 26, 41 and 46

          The 04-02-2301 your looking at I think is for bigger bore motors

          Cheers
          When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dodgeadog View Post
            Yo Blue
            I'm using a 04-02-2308 on a J1 with a JZ heat shield.
            On an 88cc motor
            I needed a 10mm spacer under the back of the tank.
            http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...9-Yella-J1-xJZ
            Post 26, 41 and 46

            The 04-02-2301 your looking at I think is for bigger bore motors

            Cheers
            Thanks for the spacer info, are you sure about the 04-02-2301? I kind of read it the other way around, with the 04-02-2308 being for larger bores?
            http://www.takegawa.co.jp/css/englis...age_vm22_e.pdf

            Comment


            • #7
              Yo Blue

              The cattle-dog I have is in Japanese
              so not sure.
              At the time I was looking for an 85cc exhaust.
              and the one I was given was the 04-02-2308.
              If the 2301 is a better option I would be keen to know?

              Cheers
              When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm making a trx70 and a z50a pipes atm.....663 holes drilled for the TRX pipe...


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Blue View Post
                  Looking for an exhaust for my z50j1 project.
                  It has an kitatco 88cc barrel and honda E22 head, for performance reason I don't really think a standard
                  exhaust will cut it?

                  I've seen this http://japan.webike.net/products/1255687.html and like the look of it as it appears standard.
                  Not sure if it will fit thought, has anyone fitted this to a j1?



                  Is there another standard looking exhaust out there?

                  Cheers,

                  Blue
                  I made a pipe like that years ago, stainless pipe and i cut open the stock muffler, did a few mods and welded it back together.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Woody, I'm after an off the shelf product
                    Dodgeadog

                    After chatting with a m8 today who has the std one he said the are both fine for an 88cc but the one you mention type 2 is better for performance, the one I posted is more for stock engines. I have no idea is he right, he reckons the difference is about 1 hp, which in this world is quite a lot. It makes sense as it's more exspensive

                    Does anyone else know the difference?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      blue, you are able to use a stock pipe on an 88cc kit,

                      the more flow the better.. until a point, engines including 4 strokes need back pressure.

                      the type 1 taki pipe is designed for smaller bore upgrade kits

                      the type 2 taki pipe is designed for larger bore kits.

                      are you going to be using a race head? the tb88 kit with RH got 6.3hp on my dyno so one extra hp is about 15% that's quite a lot in my books..

                      you could also look at clipping point exhausts, they do up style pipes also
                      Life is too short for cheap carbs...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Matty, thanks for the info.
                        Currently I don't have an exhaust, so thought if I'm going to have to by one I'd get the taki pipe, purely because it looks stock, do the clipping point ones look stock?

                        Not really planing on changing the engine to much, it's an original Honda z50j engine, 4 speed gearbox, 41,4mm L-tap crankshaft, 2-disc manual clutch: all original Honda,
                        Kitaco clutch springs, 270% oil pump, kitaco high compression 51mm piston, aluminium barrel (49cc inscription) Honda big valve C70 head, fast road cam, kitaco valve springs and a Nippon Denso ignition.
                        Pretty happy with its performance, don't really want to go faster ATM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So I grabbed one of these in the end, very happy with the quality and finish
                          http://classichonda50saustralia.com....&productId=538

                          I am a bit confused though as it come it two parts but no apparent bracket to fix it together?
                          There's a bolt, exhaust gasket and spacer.

                          Am I missing a part or could someone explain how these fit together please?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Two bits is normal, they just fit together well, no leaking.
                            Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yo Blue
                              If it's like the 2308.
                              It's just a slip fit.
                              Bodgie but that's how they are.
                              I am thinking of some goo on the joint.
                              But as Peter said No Leaks
                              So no goo to start.
                              Cheers
                              When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X