No announcement yet.

Painting exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

My old frame was sand blasted/powder coated turned out great and was $55 no idea about heat proofness of it though.

I thought it was low temp? As it's baked on?

Comment

http://www.jet-hot.com.au/products.htm

Could be the go cermeric coating

Comment

I always prefer the satin finish rather than flat and I have used 3M brand caliper paint for a while now. I use it on engines and exhausts never had a problem with it and it's available from most auto shops. Just another choice.
        Zane

Comment

What was the original colour of the J1 exhaust, Flat or Satin? Same with the protector cover between the chrome cover and the exhaust, Flat or Satin?
          1976 Z50J1 Project http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...s-z50J-project

There are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddah View Post
            I'd use the one on the left. Different temperature range. All motorbike shops should have it and probably supercheap as well.
            +1 for this post
            Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Ah ha I see it now, was in the picture all along, thanks Diggs. By the way did you get your battery tray?
              1976 Z50J1 Project http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...s-z50J-project

There are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

Hai! All sorted Ged.
                Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Originally posted by Buddah View Post
                  I'd use the one on the left. Different temperature range. All motorbike shops should have it and probably supercheap as well.
                  The one on the right is no good for Z50's, it only works on 2 strokes. :-) :-) :-)
                  ++++ for the VHT paints, I use them for engines, exhausts, brackets and doing graffiti on old steam trains as normal paint just burns off.
                  Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Graffiti peter ,,!!!
                    Hahaha .
                    its engine oil madge ,,,
                    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Working...
                    X