looking for advice on 108 stroker possible loss of cam chain tenssion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for advice on 108 stroker possible loss of cam chain tenssion

Can anyone shed some light on what to look for and what parts may have caused this failure

I parked my bike up almost 2 years ago thinking the clutch pack had failed.

so while waiting for parts to arrive I decided to drop the oil and get ready to repair clutch.

when draining the oil I was shocked to find a few swarf like pieces of aluminium in the oil.

I don't think this is the clutch

I've removed the access cover to the cam sprocket and found there is no tension on the cam chain.

I can rotate the flywheel by hand so the motor hasn't ceased but there is a lot of slop in the chain.

I will pull the motor out next week.

looking for advise please

Has anyone had simular failure with the 108 setup

Lostkey15 Z50A.jpg

Cheers Steve
    Last edited by Lostkey15; 12th December 2018, 10:40 AM. Reason: trying to add photo
    "why blend in" when you can ride a HONDA mini

Cam chain tensioner lock nut and adjuster screw come loose allowing the tensioner rod to float?

Take the flywheel and stator plate off and have a look at the tensioner assembly.
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

As Jamie said, maybe the tensioner sprocket has fell off/worn badly
      Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Working...
      X