Give Me Head Baby :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Me Head Baby :)

Looking through storage and found a box of some of the heads I have collected over the years and the old cylinders off my bikes:

Dsc01589 S.jpg

Cheers

Jaimie
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

are they actually worth fixing now days? new ones are relatively cheap compared to the labour to overhaul an old one. OK, if you do it yourself i suppose.

Side note: Jaimie, did the A fuel caps come in?
    Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

I have a fish box full as well.

Comment

Even a harder call to get a cylinder re-bored these days, we had Serco in QLD re-sleeve our cylinders all the time and my mechanic was always reboring but his boring bar sits idle these days covered up in the corner (No he will not sell it ) . I like to take 10+ cylinders at a time to get them rebored, you get a much better deal.

These days you are looking around $20 to $25 per valve to remove and replace the guides and around the same for cutting each of the seats depending if you want a single or 3 angle valve job.

Then add clean, disassemble, inspect, media blast, inspect, lubricate, reassemble and test for around $120 to $150 plus parts, if you want your original head restored with Honda parts and you look after your bike it will last a few decades.

I have heard of shops charging ridiculous money for head work.

I have 3 different fuel caps on back-order all showing as being available January 2018, we will have a few more Honda orders come in before then they could turn up any time.

Cheers

Jaimie
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

What head in your opinion Jaimie would be the one to use on my Z50 bottom end. I was looking at the 72cc cylinder stamped as a 49cc , but wasnt sure which head would be the one to use ?

Comment

My apologies I missed this question, bit delayed but better late than never

You can use a stock Honda OEM head from a 50cc engine but will need to use a 47mm piston with a dome to suit the 50cc combustion chamber or use a head from a Honda 70 engine and can use the stock 47mm piston to suit the 70 head.

Can also use the TB Version 1 race head, I have an 88cc engine with a 47mm piston and 52mm stroker crank running the TB V1 race head, Kitaco and Takegawa also have a performance head available.

The old Honda 50cc and 70cc heads have cams that run in the alloy head casting whereas the TB/Kitaco/Takegawa race heads use a roller bearing cam with a bigger selection of roller bearing cams available, all heads will work ok with the right preparation but the race heads will make more power, the Honda head will help keep it 100% stock.

Cheers

Jaimie

Comment

Working...
            X