Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z50J1 Wiring Diagram?

Hi all,
    I'm trying to convert a 4 wire TBStator Kit TBW0039 Which is supposed to be for K2-'78 model - a USA Z50A model with that did not have a battery, to work on my JZ, which has a 3 wire harness the same as a J1.

Basically, I'm looking for a J1 wiring diagram, as I can't seem to find one that shows the BLACK, WHITE and YELLOW wires that come out of the stator (the same for my J1 and JZ).

Anyone got a wiring diagram?? or converted this stator kit ?

Cheers.

There's a J1 wiring diagram in the sticky http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/forum...rdtail-harness

Comment

UPDATE: After my second attempt at using a 4 Wire TB0039 Stator kit, I can assure people the lighting coil is not recommended for a J1 or JZ. I only used this kit as the correct 3 wire one was NOT available.

For reference:
      Black wire to ignition coil - This seems to work fine and gives good spark.
      Red Wire - Gives 1.5VAC @ idle and up to 8V @ higher revs.
      Blue Wire - Gives 1.5VAC @ idle and up to 8V @ higher revs.
      Grey Wire - Gives 10VAC @ idel and up to 20VAC @ higher revs.

I used the red wire to go to the 1980 JZ 'yellow' wire which is for lighting to the switch, and managed to pop the headlight and tail light bulb at higher revs.
      I did NOT plug the GREY wire into anything for fear of blowing the Rectifier and or battery.

So, it seems from MY experience, one cannot convert the 4 wire USA Model K2 stator kit to be used on a 3 Wire J1 or JZ harness with a battery.

I've ordered a TBW0038 K1 kit, which IS 3 wire, and now back in stock, so hope that works no problems.

Comment

The TB Parts stator kits are designed for the USA K1 and K2 models, the USA K1 stator kit is for a Z50 running a battery as per the info below in the parts listing:

Product Information

Reproduction Stator Assembly Kit for the Z50A K1 and CT70K0 thru 81 models (Not for the 4 speed H model).

It is virtually identical to the original and comes complete with everything you need to get your stator back in working order except for the plate itself and the oil felt.

Includes both coils, condenser, points, wiring, screws, O-ring, oil seal - see picture.

Unlike other aftermarket stator kits out there, these were made specially for the K1 so there is no guessing about what color wire goes where nor are modifications necessary.

Please Note : The TB stator kits are designed for the US model bikes, this US K1 stator kit is to suit a bike running a battery such as the Aussie Z50A K2 and Z50J1 models.

Product Code: TBW0038
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Classic Honda 50's

Comment

Working...
          X