Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z50A K2 - Do I need battery for head and stop light to operate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z50A K2 - Do I need battery for head and stop light to operate?

I know this model did not come with a battery, is it required for operation of headlight and brake light?
    I wouldn't mind installing one, would you recommend a 6v or 12v?
    Cheers Guys, just picked it up couple of days ago, real good resto project!
    Doc

oz k2's did come with a battery .
    you might have a ge model ,,,
    best to check out some projects on here with both sorts ,, k2 and ge's

k2's have indicator brackets on the fork legs , ge none
    ge frames have no battery case mounting bracket holes on the engine cradlel on the frame .
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

any pix of the bike ? ..
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Thanks Dex appreciate it!
        I know the bike was yellow but it has the candy blue forks on it which have the indicator mounts.
        It has foot lever for rear brake too... I'll have a look at the frame tonight for the battery cover mounting
        thread. And will upload some pics!
        Is there any major differences between the ge models and non ge? Like not being able to register or?
        Cheers

Comment

foot brake sounds like a US model, you may have trouble regoing the bike..
          Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by power6994 View Post
            foot brake sounds like a US model, you may have trouble regoing the bike..
            Oh really? I didn't have plans to rego it but now you mention it, would have been good.
            Still learning about the z50a's with all the different types and variations...
            Can you still operate headlight and rear brake lamp without battery?
            Cheers

Comment

might be worth chasing an Aussie frame, cos you'll be kicking yourself if you build it and can't rego it. Is there a reason why you want a working brake light and head light on a bike that you didn't plan on regoing? Also being in Vic you might be able to get club rego from what other members have said, not sure myself in S.A and we don't have that problem.

Comment

This is true, thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled. What determines an Aussie frame from a us? And what does the Aussie frame have that makes it eligible for rego?
                And I just wanted the head lamp n brake light for original operation and for seeing at night

Comment

Might also be a z50z
                  quite rare in oz.
                  They have a centerstand..and a barrel aircleaner like a dax.
                  Also have the handle on the fork top brace to wind the front end off.
                  its engine oil madge ,,,
                  Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

The number on the back left hand side near axle is Z50A - 40****....

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
                      any pix of the bike ? ..
                      481967_10151167550495120_420920001_n.jpg558459_10151167557005120_2028544187_n.jpg

seat - original, just needs the cover...
                      engine - is new after market 4spd centrifugal running original carby - came with two full spare engines with carb's (one of which being the original engine)
                      tank - original yellow/white...(has been painted over with some ugly house paint but is slowly getting removed and very good paint underneath)
                      exhaust - original from manifold to start of muffler, also have original muffler in great condition to be fitted to original pipe
                      ugly long rear guard has been chopped, and the front forks are obviously off a US model, having the indicator mounts...
                      Good project to give me something to do, best mate is a very good spray painter and panel beater so gonna get her looking nice, will most likely stay the original yellow colour, due to tank, thoughts? hope i did wellish!
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by docta View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2148[/ATTACH]

seat - original, just needs the cover...
                        engine - is new after market 4spd centrifugal running original carby - came with two full spare engines with carb's (one of which being the original engine)
                        tank - original yellow/white...(has been painted over with some ugly house paint but is slowly getting removed and very good paint underneath)
                        exhaust - original from manifold to start of muffler, also have original muffler in great condition to be fitted to original pipe
                        ugly long rear guard has been chopped, and the front forks are obviously off a US model, having the indicator mounts...
                        Good project to give me something to do, best mate is a very good spray painter and panel beater so gonna get her looking nice, will most likely stay the original yellow colour, due to tank, thoughts? hope i did wellish!
                        Cheers
                        photo of tank, is that the original petrol cap?486547_10151167573845120_1640127781_n.jpg

Comment

Looks like " in the pic on phone " ..that the brake pedal has been added on.
                          They are ozzy forks.

Long rear guard ugly. ...Goodness me. ....Take that back. .
                          its engine oil madge ,,,
                          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Looks like " in the pic on phone " ..that the brake pedal has been added on.
                            They are ozzy forks.

Long rear guard ugly. ...Goodness me. ....Take that back. .
                            its engine oil madge ,,,
                            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

youre number starts 40**** which says to me it is an Aussie frame mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X