Clutch adjuster screw position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch adjuster screw position

Hi all, just picked up an all original '69 ST70 and am just going over it all. Last thing on the agender is clutch. It slips with kick starter, and I tried adjusting it to no avail. Pulled the clutch and will be putting new friction plates in today.

As the adjuster screw has been wound all the way in and out, is there a 'basic initial' place for it to start, say in the middle of the thread or, all the way in or all the way out ?

In other words, say the adjuster was removed and cleaned and put back in, where do you start with the adjustment? As the manual only suggests what to do to adjust when it's already almost adjusted correctly and you are only compensating for wear.

??
    Cheers. Marty

I back the adjuster all the way out during assembly then screw it back in to adjust the clutch as per the Honda Service Manual info below.

Clutch Adjustment Info.jpg

Clutch Adjustment Pic.jpg
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Thanks Jaimie Seems to have worked ok, I ended up having the screw 'most' of the way out, and when I re-assembled, the screw was 'tight', I turned clockwise until it freed up which evidently was around 1 turn and a bit, then anti-clockwise til I felt the pressure and backed off a bees .. knee.

Kickstarter felt very positive and engine seemed to have more compression through the starter, so feeling good so far! Once I get some oil in her today, I can check operation of the clutch

Cheers for the help

Comment

Working...
      X