Clutch drag causes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch drag causes?

Just installed the tb heavy duty centrifugal clutch kit, what can be the causes for the clutch to engage. Adjusted it and right oil but no go. When cold seams fine but once warm it's hard to hold back wants to take off and eventually will stall?

Maybe give it a bit of use then recheck adjustment. If you say, select 1st and hold lever down, does it still drag?
    Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

if I select 1st and hold it down it has no drag at all.

Comment

that sort of indicates the 'centrifical' part is the problem. its not idling too high? Forgive me if i'm telling you something you might already know. The clutch is a centrifical one that gets overiden by manual release lever built into shifter. If it's dragging when in 'centrifical mode' then it could be:
        the idle is to high (usually the case)
        incorrectly set up unit (elcheapo ones)
        sticking or damaged weights ('' '')
        If it was damaged or faulty clutch plates, wrong oil, incorrectly installed, the problem would be there in both modes. If it was me, i would give it a bit of use, recheck adjuster, then if still no good, concider contacting supplier. You have to atleast diagnose it to fault in it or you'll have same problem with replacement one.
        Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

I'm going to pull it back out today and have a look at it and re-install it to see if it makes a difference. It was a complete tb heavy duty Assy so plate install would be eliminated.

Comment

Working...
          X