Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magilla
    replied
    I've looked and I can't see a number on the plates?

Are they on the faces and have worn off?

Leave a comment:

• Classic Honda 50's
    replied
    Not too much you can do with the single friction disc JDM manual clutch assembly except rebuild it.

What is the part number on the TB plates that you have?

Outer Clutch Cover: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-z50jy-gor.../#.WMzglriz9vl

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    So - ended up with more free time than expected today and gave this a go.

Firstly - I might have to change the title of the thread to "Slipping clutch" as I don't know that the bike had a TB clutch in it now. It was only a single plate, and I don't really know enough to say what it is.

Also - I found a few loose screws in, well, the actuator plate? I'm not sure that's what it is, but I'll call it that and the smart people can look at this picture and tell me the right name:

loose.jpg

Also - the Takegawa was a triple plate, whereas the unknown clutch was only a single. Big difference in thickness as here:

difference.jpgdifference2.jpg

Have it all back together - really was a non event so far and pretty simple. Thanks to all those that offered to help too.

I've only really started and moved it off the line to test it so far. I'll get it out later for a better shakedown and see how it is.

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Thanks Jamie that's a huge help.

If I'm right - anyone who needs this in english in future should be able to just be able to click HERE and that should show the manual in English - but you'll possibly need to be using chrome.

And thanks for the offer of help MP - I'm not sure I'm going to get to it this weekend - hopefully I do. I'm right in town - just far enough away from the v8 protestors - but close enough to the v8's

Leave a comment:

• Classic Honda 50's
    replied
    Here is the Takegawa 02-01-0203 online instruction manual in Japanese: http://www.takegawa.co.jp/pdf/02/02-01-0203.pdf

Copy the text from the document into Google Translate and it will translate the text from Japanese to English: https://translate.google.com.au/

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyPower
    replied
    Yep, need a hand, where in Newcastle are you ?

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    And so it begins.

Can anyone read Japanese?...

takegawaClutch.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Znut - I didn't actually put the clutch in - the previous owner did - so I don't know.

That pile of parts is from when he had it - its from a thread on here actually - and it's really the only way I knew (and, well, I guess I won't know for sure till it's apart) it had a clutch upgrade done. And I have no idea the life it's had.

I've had good experiences with the takegawa stuff I've had so far - so I just figured I'd try theirs instead.
    Last edited by Magilla; 14th March 2017, 05:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• z nut
    replied
    when you put it together did the plates fall into the basket or did you have to force em in?.

most people lightly file or sand the edges so they dont bind because the TB clutch plates usually need it.

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Happy to take a few when it's out.

The closest thing I have to a photo of them is this

pileofparts.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Classic Honda 50's
    replied
    Do you have any pictures of your old clutch basket and plates?

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Well, it would seem that oil isn't fixing this one.

I am however pleasantly surprised that an entire clutch only costs about the same as whatever cross between Unicorn and Angel tears my Ducati required for oil.

So - I've ordered one of these: http://www.webike.ph/products/543122.html and the special tool to get it out.

Anything else I need or should do while I'm swapping it? Or a good guide anyone would recommend?

Leave a comment:

• OldBikes75
    replied
    May be change the oil just incase they used the wrong oil

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Honestly - I don't know. I haven't changed it since I got the bike (2 months).

It's still pretty clean.

Leave a comment:

• OldBikes75
    replied
    What oil are you using?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X