Primary drive gear and clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary drive gear and clutch

Hi have a few questions about my next build if anyone can help.

1. Can someone explain the effect of changing the primary drive gear from 16t to 17t? Does this make only first gear taller or all the gears? I know i will need to use the matching driven gear. Late Monkey 4 speed i will using for the build has the 16 t and cub has a 17t.

2. I'm planning on changing a manual 4 speed monkey to the auto clutch and adding a 108 stroker crank. It wont be driven hard. Just need more torque to pull a heavier cub and 100kg rider up some hills. Anyone had experience using a late monkey Honda 4 speed with a 108cc stroker and auto clutch? Durability and issues?

3. Considering a takegawa heavy duty auto clutch or my existing heavy duty Tb clutch (which was great with my 88cc but dragged at idle). I've read an old thread where a few others have had the same problem with the tb clutch and cured it by sanding down the plates a little. My clutch was new when fitted and the shift feel was fairly harsh in addition to the clutch dragging at idle. Is the takegawa hd clutch much the same in feel? Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks.

It'll make all the gears higher.
    Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Always makes me wonder how many of the folks that have had clutch problems ,, soaked their new clutch sets for a day or two before just bolting them up , bung oil in and kick n go .
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Thanks. i didn't soak the tb kit before i fitted it. It had oil on the outside of the basket and back so i assumed it was already done. I left it in and thought the oil would work its way through but the clutch was still dragging after2500km of riding. Something else going on there i think.

Comment

not saying that was the case with your setup cubster ,,
          but a lot of blokes do it that way .
          car auto tranny's fail sometimes if they sit for extended periods as well ,, due to the bands not having fluid flowing arround them ,, top section drys , and becomes fiberous
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

All cool. Ta.

Comment

Working...
            X