Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting rear master after Daytona conversion

Hi,

I have just swapped out the engine on my Tonelli Monkey for a Daytona Anima 150F. Most of the conversion was thankfully very easy until I got to trying to re-mount the rear brake master cylinder.

The master has previously been mounted to the old engine with a mounting plate to two of the case bolts. The new engine seems to only have one bolt in around about the right position and not much else in the area.

I know Daytona engine swaps are reasonably popular so I am hoping someone here may have come across this problem before. Does anyone know where I should try to mount the master to?

IMG_20150622_082322_reduced.jpg

This might help. You can make a few spacer/ get longer bolts to give you the clearance

Comment

those kits " used " to come with 2 brackets ..
      one for honda cases
      one for china " gear box clutch basket " motors .
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Looking at the shape of the plate I realised that even with one bolt it can't rotate because of the shape of it next to the clutch cover. Not a permanent solution but it is kind of working for now.

I am tempted to try to mount the other end to the bolt for the swing arm but I am not so sure because I figure this bolt would be rotating.

IMG_20150622_202545_reduced.jpg

Comment

Yo Cazna52
          The swing arm bolt should not move.
          You should get on your bike and then get someone to do up the swing arm bolt.
          So you don't over load the rubbers in the bushs.
          that said I would not use it .
          With the bracket
          Make a new one(If you have the time)
          or
          Cut the bottom off the one you have
          Bolt that bit to the bolt near the kick start
          and bridge the gap with a bit of plate and 4 bolts.
          Cheers
          When driving (or riding) always Dodgeadog

Comment

Unfortunately the bolt near the kick start is a long way outward of the plate. I could make a little plate to step sideways then use a long bolt to get back to the other plate but I figure that it would have a fair bit of flex in it given how far it is reaching.

Comment

Here's what the 2 supplied brackets look like . You've got the secondary clutch bracket,but I don't see how the primary clutch bracket could help .

http://www.monkeyrun.co.uk/forum/php...6eb3fd3e90b801

Comment

I gave up and bought these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Monkey-Bi.../161723963380?

Comment

Originally posted by cazna52 View Post
                  Unfortunately the bolt near the kick start is a long way outward of the plate. I could make a little plate to step sideways then use a long bolt to get back to the other plate but I figure that it would have a fair bit of flex in it given how far it is reaching.
                  It won't flex if you use a spacer to bring it level then a bridge across the bolt hole & the spacer. Similar to the one on millsys
                  ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

Bit of an update. I was lazy and never got around to fixing this.

Riding to work today on the Gore Hill freeway that one bolt that was holding the bracket on vibrated out. Guess I should have at least put some loc-tite on the bolt if I wasn't going to fix it properly.

I managed to pull up with the front brake but thank god there wasn't an emergency stop situation.

I guess it is time to fix this properly, lol.

And let this be a lesson to the rest of you, don't be dodgy like me, Darwin has it in for people like me.

Comment

Working...
                    X