Bike storage and gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike storage and gas tank

Hello i have a few bikes i wont get to them anytime soon due to time, they are in my garage, whats the best way to store them and keeping the gas tanks rust free and avoid the engines the possibility to get stuck.
    Someone told me once that the gas tanks should stay filled with gas all the way and the breathing through the gas cap knob, is that correct?
    What if the gas cap doesn’t have that option?
    Im in florida, hot weather.

E5C08325-6933-4C56-9C8D-E5DBDB3CCBA3.jpg

Thanks in advance for the advices.

Filling tank with engine oil. Seems to preserve engine parts. And won’t ignite or build up gases.

Comment

Remove all fuel from carb and tank
      Spray inside of tank with a light oil
      Engine to top dead centre
      Few drop of oil in the spark plug hole
      Oil on the valves and parts via the tappet covers
      Plug the exhaust hole
      Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Also wind motor over by hand ,,
        So the clutch fibers dont dry out on the upper section ,,,
        its engine oil madge ,,,
        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

What type of oil more specific? Thanks

Comment

I use Automatic Transmission Fluid as it has rust and corrosion inhibitors, have also used 2 stroke mower oil.
            Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Working...
            X