No spark please help !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark please help !!!

Hi all, I have a crf 70 with no spark. I have a continuity through the kill switch, ignition key, all the ground wires, wiring harness. I have tried the plug, coil and lead, alternator, flywheel and ignition control unit in another bike and they work fine. What else can it be. Scratching my head here. Thanks heaps
    Matt

Try rubbing a bit of wet n dry over the cdi pick up and the magnet on the flywheel ..
    Could be a bit of corrosion or " gummed " over .

Paint on the earth piont on the frame ,?
    its engine oil madge ,,,
    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Thank you for the reply Dex. Was hoping someone would soon. Iíve cleaned all the flywheel and pickup and it works great in my 98 z50. Earth to the frame is also good. Iím so puzzled

Comment

If you have tried the sparkplug, coil/lead/cap, stator assembly, flywheel and CDI on another bike and they all work ok you may need to have a closer look at the original CRF70 wiring harness as there is not much left to look at.

Even though the wiring harness continuity tested ok it may be breaking down under higher voltages or the plug pins or sockets may be slightly bent or pushing out for example when plugging in the CDI, my XR70 harness allowed 2 pins to push out when plugging in the CDI.
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Working...
        X