Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z50JZ Wiring

Hi All,

I have a Z50JZ that has a hacked at wiring harness. All the lights etc have been cut off, and form what I can work out, the remainder of the harness is the bare minimum.
    The bike used to run but currently doesnt. It also used ot have a battery & fuse, but doesnt currently. I am wondering if it shouild run in its current state, or whether too much of the harness is missing.
    I have taken photos of the harness and cross referenced against a JZ wiring diagram and a Z50R diagram for reference.
    Keen to get some thoughts on whether this should work as is...
    Note* Yellow highlight is what is there currently. Blue is a hack. Red is missing.
    The green is a cross reference against Z50R diagram.

image_22450.jpg

image_22451.jpg

image_22458.jpg

image_22459.jpg

image_22460.jpg

Attached Files

I will upload onto the forum a larger copy of the JZ wiring diagram that I use.

If it used to run what has changed since, I would start by cleaning the earth connections, check the harness connectors and wiring continuity with a multimeter.

For testing or troubleshooting I run a single wire wiring harness straight from the black/white stator wire through an on/off switch to the ignition coil to earth.

Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Looks like it run direct to the coil. Is the second photo wiring from a kill switch?
      still learning.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldBikes75 View Post
        Looks like it run direct to the coil. Is the second photo wiring from a kill switch?
        Yes, there is a kill switch (instead of ignition key). When activate it grounds out the circuit cutting out the spark

Comment

Originally posted by Classic Honda 50's View Post
          I will upload onto the forum a larger copy of the JZ wiring diagram that I use.

If it used to run what has changed since, I would start by cleaning the earth connections, check the harness connectors and wiring continuity with a multimeter.

For testing or troubleshooting I run a single wire wiring harness straight from the black/white stator wire through an on/off switch to the ignition coil to earth.
          Thanks. A diagram would be helpful.
          I have taken the "loom" off this bike and connected it to another I have (which doesnt run yet) and the sparkplug produces spark.
          I have then taken the coil off that bike + the loom and reinstalled back on this bike and still no spark. So something else is at fault.
          Maybe something flywheel related?

Comment

Working...
          X