Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing parts after 1 July

Gday all,

Hows everyone going with getting parts in from outside of Australia after the 1 July GST scam on all items whatever the cost?

I'm mainly thinking of places like JParts and Webike etc which have parts that places here don't carry. Any issues with parcels coming in, they not being held up at customs or anything?

Cheers

Jake

eBay is adding it on at checkout
    Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by Mech_Z50J1 View Post
      Gday all,

Hows everyone going with getting parts in from outside of Australia after the 1 July GST scam on all items whatever the cost?

I'm mainly thinking of places like JParts and Webike etc which have parts that places here don't carry. Any issues with parcels coming in, they not being held up at customs or anything?

Cheers

Jake
      I did a Webike in August, dont see any GST on the receipt and there were no issues with custom etc (just under $300 total).
      Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Is it only on new stuff, there shouldn't be any on 2nd hand stuff.
        Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Yeah I select used parts whenever I get an order from jparts
          Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

The right thing to do would be to contact customs and let them know that you’ve imported items and that GST needs to be paid on them.

(I am joking of course)

Comment

Working...
            X