Dyno at your own risk! Yes we know buttttt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno at your own risk! Yes we know buttttt

Well boys and girls I've had a few monkeys dynoed in the past but unfortunately this is the 1st time I've been disappointed with the result I must say.
    Fresh takegawa 138cc scut & crank kit basically run in ready to get some numbers.

All taki gear in gb4 cases.

gearbox.jpg

Were you there when it happened?
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Run start using the dyno to fire it ,?
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Dex yes thatís what I believe happen but I guess I will never know I wasnít there to see as he had the bike for 3 weeks.

Comment

Be checking the conrod and crank ,,
          they dont like it
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Another member had a twisted crank from the same procedure.......

Comment

This was a brand new taki crank it seams to look ok nothing obvious but I don't really know what to look for there, all I can see is munched counter shaft 2nd gear, broken in half main shaft 2nd gear & main shaft 3rd/4th has all the lugs chewed so im assuming maybe rough play jamming it in gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkiesuncle View Post
                Another member had a twisted crank from the same procedure.......
                And I believe it was a 138cc as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                  This was a brand new taki crank it seams to look ok nothing obvious but I don't really know what to look for there, all I can see is munched counter shaft 2nd gear, broken in half main shaft 2nd gear & main shaft 3rd/4th has all the lugs chewed so im assuming maybe rough play jamming it in gear.
                  They bloody treated it as a big bike, reckless.... when it happened to me the mechanic had no remorse whatsoever. He didnít even offer me he refund of the Dino run. He is not longer in business.....

Comment

Iím taking it that crank/rod damage will be easy to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                      Iím taking it that crank/rod damage will be easy to tell?
                      With Argies 138 the flywheel was touching the crankcase afterwards and made an abnormal noise when running if my memory serves me correctly

Comment

Yeh right I havnt seen anything like that, this was just completely missing second otherwise it was running and sounded fine, fingers crossed just the trans.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkiesuncle View Post

With Argies 138 the flywheel was touching the crankcase afterwards and made an abnormal noise when running if my memory serves me correctly
                          Wow, that's a fair way out of shape.

Any update Alfie?

Comment

Yeh update is out of pocket another $900 for taf 5 speed however on a plus that's all the damage, did find a few things that could have went pear shaped down the track probably dodged a bullet and fixed before that could happen.

Comment

Working...
                            X