Max's Mad Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxacceleration View Post
    Maybe these style minibike were not in Australia?
    Plenty of them here mate! Here's mine:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	14233607_10157305761640543_1943702417_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	198834
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Nice Diggs. Glad you guys get some enjoyment also. Taco has a much more basic (Taco 22) mini they are selling again - much more aligned with yours, ie basic. Which is good.
      Fire the motor, twist the throttle... life is good.

Comment

These guys are still selling the Tacos - and a lot of replacement stuff for the Delteks etc. They are just up the road from me.

https://www.apbauto.com.au/shop/taco-mini-bike-kit/
        Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

Diggs,
          I would call that a 'Taco like' mini bike kit. Or just a minibike kit. The Taco has the handlebars in line with the forks (not angled forward). The rear frame section is also different under the seat than the Taco 22.
          There has been a law suit in the US regarding the unauthorized use of the Taco name. Some are trying to capitalize on the Taco name. Not that it really matters.

Comment

I've found it very hard to get any decent info on all the different brands and varieties that were made/released over here.

I found a site that was just a guy documenting them, had some great info on it - but I've since lost it and cant find the damn thing again!

Comment

Still at it gents. Magilla sleeps at the back of the garage, but fires up at will. Just rode it today for the first time in a year.
              Hope all is well , and keep at it y'all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7982.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	233070

Comment

nice photo, those skyteam bikes are great value.
                You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Good looking place to ride.
                  Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Thanks Gentlemen. Quiet on this site. Is the monkey craze dying off in Australia? It is in the US I believe.
                    BTW, I am picking up a china Dax which I hope to make more a USA style Mini Trail. Much like my Gorilla.
                    Anyway I will post it up when I get it, < month I hope. Cheers

Comment

Monkey craze not dying in Australia just most have move to Facebook.
                      still learning.....

Comment

Working...
                      X